Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Could stadium production be pushed?

Add topic

Reading Ted Hutton's blog today and realizing we don't even have an architect for the stadium yet, I started to wonder a few things:

I thought I read it would take 18 months to build.  If you do the math and grab a calculator, that's not a lot of time to work with if the stadium will be open by 9.1.2010.

If we started production now, say the stadium would be completed by July 2009.  Then, we would need to pass all sorts of inspections and meet codes. Which do take time.  Then, say, we get another hurricane which delays production even more.

On top of all this, don't we have to raise all the money before we can begin production?

I know some schools do take out loans or depend on bonds for such pricey undertakings (speaking from experience). I wasn't sure FAU had that as part of their plan.

I am having doubts this will really be ready for the 2010 season.  It just doesn't sound realistic to me right now, but I am hoping someone has something substantial to add.  Thanks!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Re: Could stadium production be pushed?

I'm sure with the housing market crash that there will be plenty of builders ready to help…..or we could just call ABC for Extreme Stadium Makeover. ::)

I'm sure it will get done by 2010 start, just maybe not all of the finishing touches.
Back to the top

Could stadium production be pushed?

I think getting an Architect would be the easy part.  Meeting production deadlines would, and most likely will, get sticky.

I have a friend that works at LSU and two years ago they were adding more seats and it was to be ready by the opening day.  The crew worked day and night with stadium lights and didn't finish it until Week 3.

Back to the top

if the monies come in (10M) by March 30, 2008 we are in a very good position to be in by 2009...
Back to the top

I posed this question to also Ted Hutton on his blog.  He's very good at getting back to legitimate questions, FYI.

"this thing can go up quick. it is pre-fab and they plan on using same architects and builder who did UCF stadium, which is very similar.
so as long as financing comes together as expected, 2010 will be the date."

Back to the top

wish i could see the photos...........................
Back to the top

Fledgling said

Reading Ted Hutton's blog today and realizing we don't even have an architect for the stadium yet, I started to wonder a few things:

I thought I read it would take 18 months to build.  If you do the math and grab a calculator, that's not a lot of time to work with if the stadium will be open by 9.1.2010.

I could be wrong but I think 18 months was the estimate for the older model, the concrete stadium.

This new one can go up in much quicker time. I think UCF did it in under a year. And yes, hurricanes are always a factor but UCF and FIU didn't have an issue with that and I don't know much about construction but they could always start it when hurricane season ends (which is what, November?), building all the way up until August. That would give them 10 months of actual construction.
Back to the top

If the money is there in time it will get completed in time.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I still want it for 09…

Get the seats up, lets us watch some games, then build all the suites and innovation crap

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

I still want it for 09…

Get the seats up, lets us watch some games, then build all the suites and innovation crap

It will actually be built in the opposite order… the revenue from the Innovation Village comes first.
Back to the top
Control functions: