Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

We're receving votes

Add topic

I got this off of CSTV.com's web site, so take it for what its worth.
But apparently it is from the "Collegiate Baseball" Newspaper poll  which claims to be the oldest college baseball poll. Its birth took place during the 1957 college baseball season.

Preseason Collegiate Baseball Division I Poll
(As of 12/21/2007)
Rank School
1 Arizona
2 South Carolina
3 Arizona State
4 Mississippi
5 North Carolina
6 Rice
7 San Diego
8 Texas
9 Wichita State
10 Michigan
11 Vanderbilt
12 Florida State
13 Clemson
14 Miami
15 Missouri
16 Cal State Fullerton
17 Long Beach State
18 UCLA
19 Oregon State
20 Kentucky
21 Fresno State
22 Texas A&M
23 Louisville
24 Virginia
25 Georgia Tech
26 UC Irvine
27 Mississippi State
28 Baylor
29 Pepperdine
30 LSU
31 Oklahoma State
32 Louisiana-Lafayette
33 Southern Illinois
34 Southern Mississippi
35 UC Riverside
36 Stetson
37 Coastal Carolina
38 Nebraska
39 Cal
40 Oral Roberts

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES: Georgia, Alabama, Creighton, South Florida, Notre Dame, Winthrop, Arkansas, Old Dominion, Texas-San Antonio, New Orleans, Oklahoma, East Carolina, Tulane, Kent St., Houston, Central Michigan, Texas Christian, Central Florida, Lamar, Southeastern Louisiana, Florida Atlantic, Charlotte, Gonzaga, Santa Clara, Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, Southern California, Stanford, Washington, Washington St., College of Charleston, Rutgers, Western Carolina, Penn. St., Minnesota, Ohio St., North Carolina St., Wake Forest, Hawaii, Virginia Commonwealth, Louisiana Tech., Nevada, LeMoyne, Troy, Kennesaw St., Richmond, St. John's, Old Dominion, Austin Peay, Southern.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Re: We're receving votes

Good for the A-Sun they got Stetson up there. Half of these teams I didn't know they even had sports. Costal Carolina? Western Carolina?

That UNC series will be huge

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I know Coastal Carolina is very well coached and they have two players on the Wallace Watch for the NCAA's Player of the Year. I didn't realize SE Louisiana played division 1 baseball, I thought all their sports were division 2.

How about Oregon State falling so far after winning the CWS two years in a row? Must've been a lot of seniors on that team last year.

Back to the top

coastal carolina is a perennial power in baseball... been very good over the past 10 years

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

How many D-1 Basball teams are there?
Back to the top

We're receving votes

wow....nc came out at 5......thats gonna be such a huge start if we can take a game or two from that series.
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

wow….nc came out at 5……thats gonna be such a huge start if we can take a game or two from that series.

UNC lost the World Series last year to Oregon State.  Their ranking is probably lower than it should be.

Back to the top

A college cannot play I-A sports while playing D-II football. It has to be at least in I-AA.
Back to the top

I meant D-1AA, my bad.

Back to the top

Jab979 said

Good for the A-Sun they got Stetson up there. Half of these teams I didn't know they even had sports. Costal Carolina? Western Carolina?

That UNC series will be huge

Just an update… Coastal Carolina is 12-1 this season with wins over Maryland (2x), West Virginia, Virginia Tech (2x), Marshall, Toledo and Ball State.  Their lone loss was to College of Charleston in 11 innings. They play North Carolina Tuesday.

They are receiving votes now in some polls.

Back to the top
Control functions: