Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Debates Thread

Add topic

Since there are already a few threads on this and the amount of news will only increase, I've created this official thread for the FAU debates.

Please post and discuss debate news in this thread. This is one of the highest-profile events ever hosted by FAU.

To start:

"Democrats' likely snub of debate hurting them at FAU"

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/politics/content/south/epaper/2008/01/17/0117FAUPOLS.html
Back to the top

Re: FAU Debates Thread

Great idea to start this thread. I agree that the debates are very significant for FAU. From afar, though, I am a little confused about the Democrats' apparent decision to snub their event. Does this mean no mainstream Dems will show up? If so, this seems foolish, to say the least. With a chance at a national audience (MSNBC), why give it up? If they do, however, does this mean MSNBC will be looking elsewhere for the Dems, dropping the idea of televising that side of the equation from FAU? Do we know which Republican candidates are confirmed for that side?
Back to the top

FAU Debates Thread

Back to the top

grayowl said

Great idea to start this thread. I agree that the debates are very significant for FAU. From afar, though, I am a little confused about the Democrats' apparent decision to snub their event. Does this mean no mainstream Dems will show up? If so, this seems foolish, to say the least. With a chance at a national audience (MSNBC), why give it up? If they do, however, does this mean MSNBC will be looking elsewhere for the Dems, dropping the idea of televising that side of the equation from FAU? Do we know which Republican candidates are confirmed for that side?

Yep very stupid move but not that I would care.  They are missing out on free air time except air time about their snubbing of particular states like michigan and us.  Wouldn't be surprised if at the end states that got snubbed remember that the dems didn't want them.
Back to the top

Back to the top

I volunteered to work the debates on Thursday, incidentally is my birthday, from 7-midnight. It is real stupidity for the Dems to skip as a "punishment" because an early primary is going against their (the Dems' party) rules. I know the traffic and access situation is going to be a real nightmare, so at my training session I will find out how this will work.
Back to the top

Back to the top

illinoisowl16 said

I volunteered to work the debates on Thursday, incidentally is my birthday, from 7-midnight. It is real stupidity for the Dems to skip as a "punishment" because an early primary is going against their (the Dems' party) rules. I know the traffic and access situation is going to be a real nightmare, so at my training session I will find out how this will work.

Since the Dems aren't coming… I'm so glad I didn't get tickets.
Back to the top

Has anyone here been invited to the debate or watch party? I was lucky to get a ticket.
Back to the top

I will be at the debate, it should be interesting although maybe not as interesting as the dems might have been if they came.
Back to the top
Control functions: