Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2008 Pre-Rankings out already...

Courtesy of a read over at the NT forum.

Collegefootballnews.com - 2008 Pre-preseason Rankings - Mean Green Football - GoMeanGreen.com Forum

I edited out the Non Subelt Teams that were listed.

Scout.com: 2008 Pre-Preseason Rankings - Top 25 - This has the link so you can read individual snippetts.

Found this info this morning.

2008 Pre-PreSeason rankings:
Top 25
No. 26 to 50
No. 51 to 75
No. 76 to 100
No 101 to 119

81. Florida Atlantic  2007 Record: 8-5
Led by QB Rusty Smith, the defending Sun Belt champions should have one of the league's best attacks. Ten starters return on offense, while the defense should be fantastic up front with six of the front seven back. The secondary might be a little bit of an issue losing safeties Kris Bartels and

Other colleges of interest:
81. Florida Atlantic
83. Troy
105. Middle Tennessee
106. Arkansas State
113. Louisiana-Monroe
114. Louisiana-Lafayette
116. North Texas
119. Florida International

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: 2008 Pre-Rankings out already...

sorry… but again, this is bull and i won't pay attention to this garbage

CBSSportsLine.com ended the season with us at 52…

we lose FOUR starting seniors… how do we drop 30 teams???

please

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

I hate to see the majority of the SBC schools falling below 100. However, few teams have proven worthy of anything much higher than that. Those few being FAU, Troy, and MTSU.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

I hate to see the majority of the SBC schools falling below 100. However, few teams have proven worthy of anything much higher than that. Those few being FAU, Troy, and MTSU.

GO OWLS!!!

Well UNT I think is doing well on the recruiting end so far who knows what they can do next season. They may start out below 100 but if they start out strong they can maybe move up, same with FIU. They won't be down there for long.

Where was UCF ranked in all of this?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

owlfamily said

The secondary might be a little bit of an issue losing safeties Kris Bartels and (?)

I don't trust incomplete sentences.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Fledgling said

owlfamily said

The secondary might be a little bit of an issue losing safeties Kris Bartels and (?)

I don't trust incomplete sentences.

The full sentence is

"The secondary might be a little bit of an issue losing safeties Kris Bartels and Taheem Aceveda but Tavious Polo and Corey Small form the league's best corner pair."

Now, just to put things in perspective, the #1 team in 2008 according to this article is

Ohio State.

So yeah… that pretty much dismantles the credibility of the rest of the article.

Interesting notes on UCF and Texas, however

68. UCF  2007 Record: 10-4
Kevin Smith expectedly, and wisely, jumped to the NFL early taking away the entire offense with him.

and

15. Texas  2007 Record: 10-3
Was the Holiday Bowl the spark for a big 2008? QB Colt McCoy leads a strong offense that should be fine even with RB Jamaal Charles and TE Jermichael Finley bolting early. The O line was a big problem, but for good or bad, all the starters return. Defense is a big issue losing tackles Frank Okam and Derek Lokey along with five starters in the back seven. New coordinator Will Muschamp should change things in a big hurry
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

we lose FOUR starting seniors… how do we drop 30 teams???

easy…the same guy who "wrote" this poll today had a full time job at Wendy's last week dropping fries…….
Back to the top

2008 Pre-Rankings out already...

Who is Taheem Aceveda?  ::)

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

the sunbelt is our problem, if were in any other conference we would  be much higher but our competition blows. As great as our season was we didn't do anything to be in the top25. We beat sunbelt teams, we beat Minnesota (that was comparable to a sunbelt team this year) and memphis, who had a great offense but could stop a pop warner team on defense. If we beat Minn, UAB and all of the sunbelt I think will get some respect. We beat Mich State and then will get a couple of looks. We beat Texas to start off the season and were golden.

We have such a good shot against Texas with a new running back starting for them, they'll be throwing the ball and that's were we play our best. Plus their defense is going to be all new starters so we should be able to put up some points.
Back to the top

Sure looks like the SunBelt is going to be a lot tougher top to bottom than it was last year.  North Texas and FIU are not going to be doormats anymore.  I dont think this is going to be as easy to win as everybody thinks.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: