Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sitting together in the new stadium...

Add topic

So with the new pics up of the stadium the wife and I were talking about seats.

Over the last few years weve been fortuante to have the same group of people around us buy Season tickets and weve become a little fan base all to ourselves, tailgating and chewing the fat before and after games. After the last home game we talked about the new staidum and we all mentioned that once it gets built we would want to continue to sit together as weve built up a strong football friendship.

Will this be possible? How does this get handled at other schools? Do you think they will have a "Select a seat" night?

This to me is what College football is all about, I could EASILY envision us having the same seats for years and years and I would love to have the same group around.

Truly an awsome feeling.

Any who, if anyone knows or has any thoughts let me know.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Sitting together in the new stadium...

I am under the impression that they would try and match your seats in the new stadium exactly where they were in Lockhart. I could be wrong.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Speaking of sitting together, check your PM Ched.
Back to the top

mh2os said

Speaking of sitting together, check your PM Ched.

I got it thanks, I'll let you know what I find out.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Will this be possible? How does this get handled at other schools? Do you think they will have a "Select a seat" night?

Any who, if anyone knows or has any thoughts let me know.

first come first serve is always the norm…and of course, the better the seats, the more the "security fee that comes along with it…

to illustrate, look at the basketball ticket brochure…that will give you an idea…

as the value goes up, they will start to require other "perks" such as booster participation…best to always get in on the ground fllor and keep you intitial offering grandfathered…

for now, as you know, be prepared to pony up three years worth up front…

BUT, at the same time, we are in all likeliehood looking at 17k - 20k per game initially after the Stadium Opener…so, one could probably get away with some things (seating choice wise), as is the norm at Lockhart, for a while at least…

Back to the top

It really shouldn't be an issue I'd imagine until we sell-out consistently, at which point you'll have designated seats. But even at the UF game, some people left because they were hot and wanted to sit in a bar to watch the game rather than stay in the Swamp. So seats around you may open up during the game if nothing else.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl, I do know if I agree with you on that one. This is South Florida the home of bandwagon jumpers. This past season will surely bring out more of a following then last year. If we can repeat, then the buzz will be even that much greater and with a stadium to follow, I think tickets will go like hotcakes. The one thing you can always count on in South Florida is everyone coming out to watch a winner.

Of course this entire scenario is contingent upon FAU continuing to win…
Back to the top

faudiehard said

Yep…but dont you think 20K is realistic for us at this stage in development, or do you think that we will sell out every game in the first year in the new "house" ??
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

faudiehard said

Yep…but dont you think 20K is realistic for us at this stage in development, or do you think that we will sell out every game in the first year in the new "house" ??

First game a possibility, depends on opponent after that I would be happy with a consistent 20K
Back to the top

Sitting together in the new stadium...

$55,000 for a 3-year lease of a sky box

jose (OWLUMNI) and i were figuring it out yesterday at the football celebration / basketball game

if 24 of us got together, that would be $2,300 a person

WHO'S IN?!?!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Control functions: