Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Thursday's game versus UD @ Lynn...

Add topic

FYI, the game is not starting at 8:00pm Thursday…the women play at 5:00pm…its a double heder, so it should tip off around the same time the last one did - 7:30ish…

They take a mandatory break of :30 minutes between the two games, so if the women finish at 6:45 it could be anywhere from 7:15 to 7:30…

wouldnt show up any later than 7:15 to be sure…
Back to the top

Re: Thursday's game versus UD @ Lynn...

Sounds good, we will be there.....and jab your talking about sitting behind their bench?!? LOL ok so anyone wanna put a bet on how long it takes security to kick us out from behind them.......
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

Sounds good, we will be there…..and jab your talking about sitting behind their bench?!? LOL ok so anyone wanna put a bet on how long it takes security to kick us out from behind them…….

as long as you keep it the way you have at the home games, there is NO ISSUE…

they CANT.

you guys doa  great job of keeping it clean…they cant do anything about it…just no profanity, or "personal" stuff…the first and last names, etc are great!

and if they do, thats just plain rediculous…

ill have to be on my very best behavior that night - former Pastor is coming with me :o
Back to the top

lol i try my hardest to keep it clean......
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

lol i try my hardest to keep it clean……

I don't think we can tailgate at Lynn the spoiled rich kids may get angry lol. No need for profanity, we are plenty loud and annoying to the other team without it. The worst word we say is "suck" as in Hey Ref You Suck! or when they announce the other teams starting line up we usually chant SUCKS at the end! No profanity, then they have a reason to kick us out like Florida_Owl said. If we keep it clean and the worst word we say is sucks there's not much they can do.

Way back in the day we used to sit behind the scorers table in between the 2 benches but that was when there was no student section, in fact there was probably 50 people in the gym lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

i dropped the f bomb a few times on sat…..but i was also very intoxicated!

so no full blown tailgate, but how about a 6 pack b4 the game?
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

i dropped the f bomb a few times on sat…..

yeah, it will be ALOT easier to hear this time around!

im actually looking forward to the environment there…small, and cozy…if we get 500 people there, the place will be rockin…guaranteed!
Back to the top

Thursday's game versus UD @ Lynn...

wow, i hope so!
Back to the top

got this email from Bobby Jo:

Owl fans,

Due to the Republican National Debate to be held on the Florida Atlantic University campus, the men's and women's basketball doubleheader versus Denver on Thursday, January 24 has been moved to Lynn University Gymnasium. The women's game will tip-off at 5:30 p.m. followed by the men's game at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for the contests are $5.00 for general admission seating. For those of you who have purchased FAU basketball season tickets, you are welcome to bring your ticket(s) to the game, but please keep in mind that this will be an open seating event. Free parking will be available at Lynn University. In addition, due to the relocation of these games, there will not be an Owl Club hospitality area.

Lynn University is located at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431. For driving directions, click here .

We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconveniences this might cause. We'll see you at the games; go Owls!

For more information about FAU Athletics call 1-866-FAU-OWLS or visit www.fausports.com

So does this mean we can't use our owl cards?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Stop the presses:

Now, this game is not starting before 7:45pm…no way…but i Hope this is the last time change on it…

Denver is the bottom of the barrel in womans hoops…i suspect this one might even go into OT for the ladies…

5:30 start…1:45 minimum game time = 7:45 start at the earliest…have to take the :30 break in between…

i cant stand double headers…

on the ID:

confirmed, Owl Card is a go for students and the like………..
Back to the top
Control functions: