Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fun coaching grades site...

Fun coaching grades site...

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesFinalGrades2007.htm

Howard rocks!

I love the NT comment…ha ha ha…

Back to the top

Re: Fun coaching grades site...

The Florida State on isn't great either.

"Bobby Bowden
Florida St.
D
7-6 Mediocrity is accepted at FSU now"
Back to the top

Mediocrity isn't accepted at FSU, but unfortunately, it is accepted by Bowden.
Back to the top

The said

?

wow…………………..
Back to the top

At least they are still the only University in the country with a full Circus.  Guess it helps keep the grades up.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

The said

?

wow…………………..

Sorry, I love the guy, and it pains me to say what I said, but it's time, you know.  He let his son stay there way too long, he would still be there if the boosters hadn't intervened, and they now face at least one more year of rebuilding – probably 2 or 3.  Looks like they finally have a competent coaching staff now, but look at the price they paid in the meantime.
Back to the top

The said

Florida_Owl said

The said

?

wow…………………..

Sorry, I love the guy, and it pains me to say what I said, but it's time, you know.  He let his son stay there way too long, he would still be there if the boosters hadn't intervened, and they now face at least one more year of rebuilding – probably 2 or 3.  Looks like they finally have a competent coaching staff now, but look at the price they paid in the meantime.

it's ok, everyone has thier own opinion…i resepct your's…

i have IMMENSE respect for Coach Bowden…

and chalk alot fo the last two years up two two key thingss:

INJURIES - 2006 was just plain out rediculous…no one could win with all that happened to them…

2007 - growing pains…last year was a slow start and a good finish…alot of leadership changes - takes a bit to "settle in"…

they will be back next year full strength…and when yhey do something great, suddenly everyone will be "praising" him again…

consider if you agree with this point:

if FAU would have underachieved this year, folks would have been all over "he's too old, he needs to step down" with Howard…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

The said

Florida_Owl said

The said

?

wow…………………..

it's ok, everyone has thier own opinion…i resepct your's…

i have IMMENSE respect for Coach Bowden…

and chalk alot fo the last two years up two two key thingss:

INJURIES - 2006 was just plain out rediculous…no one could win with all that happened to them…

2007 - growing pains…last year was a slow start and a good finish…alot of leadership changes - takes a bit to "settle in"…

they will be back next year full strength…and when yhey do something great, suddenly everyone will be "praising" him again…

consider if you agree with this point:

if FAU would have underachieved this year, folks would have been all over "he's too old, he needs to step down" with Howard…

I have immense respect for him, too.  So much so, that I'd hate for him to be remembered for the last seven years and protecting his idiot son, and not for how he took a team that won four games in three years, was considering dropping the sport, and took them to consecutive Orange Bowls within five years.  Two national championships, two Heisman trophy winners, 14 straight top 5 and 10-win seasons, Team of the '90s… who can argue with any of that?

I thought 2007 was actually pretty good, all things considered.  Takes time to learn a new system and recruit the right players for it.  I think they'll be better next year and may be ready to make a run in '09 or '10.  And sure, they might praise him (if he's still around then), but I believe more of the credit will reside with his assistants.

It's not Bowden's age that I have a problem with – it's his apparent lack of involvement and control.  If FAU underachieved, sure, there would have been people who thought Howard is too old.  But when I see him coaching, I see somebody who is fully engaged in the program, not turning over operations to his assistants.  He's doing exactly what I would expect from a man who took up yet another challenge and built a bowl-winning program from, quite literally, nothing, at an age when most of us would be contemplating retirement.
Back to the top

i hear ya…

i think his son is a candidate for an NFL job, no?  at least thought i heard that somewhere…dont think that is going to work to well!

all of this like father like son stuff is crazy…

my favorite is the Suttons at OSU…

Eddie = GREAT COACH.

Sean = well…

Sean = ummm…

Sean = errr…

oh, i give up!

it has gottoen so bad, they actually had a former "great" on the bench last game on ESPN, and that guy was doing more coaching than Sutton Jr. was…

he spent most of his time wiping sweat of his forehead, and playing with what little hair was left on top of his head - sad.
Back to the top

I don't know much about the Suttons, but Bob Knight turning the team over to his son in the middle of the season is just beautiful.  Way to hang the kid out there to dry, Bob!

Terry Bowden once said that he wouldn't want to replace his father, but he'd be willing to replace the guy who replaces his father.  Smart boy.

Now, then… Jeff Bowden and the NFL.  Um… huh?

Actually, to be fair, he wasn't a bad receivers coach, so he could land on his feet somewhere in a limited role.  I don't think the NFL is ready for him, however.
Back to the top
Control functions: