Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Help promote FAU on MSNBC tonight and tomorrow morning

Add topic

Help promote FAU on MSNBC tonight and tomorrow morning

Join the Audience for MSNBC Debate Shows, Be on National TV

In addition to Thursday's Presidential Debate, MSNBC will air two shows live from FAU: "Hardball with Chris Matthews" and "Morning Joe" with Joe Scarborough. The producers are inviting FAU students and employees to be part of the live on-camera audience for each show. The audience stands in the background and cheers while the stars of the show talk about the debates. From time to time, the host will speak directly with the audience members. Be sure to wear your blue and red gear to show FAU pride.

Dates and Times:
* Thursday, Jan. 24, 4:30-6 p.m. - "Hardball with Chris Matthews"
* Thursday, Jan. 24, 6:30-8 p.m. - "Hardball with Chris Matthews"
* Thursday, Jan. 24, 10:30 p.m.-midnight - "Hardball with Chris Matthews"
* Friday, Jan. 25, 5:30-9 a.m. - "Morning Joe"

Location: Outside the Student Support Services Building (in parking Lot 16). No credentials are required since this is not a secured location.

Parking: We recommend parking on the east side of campus (Arts and Letters lots,  Parking Garage II and the lots near the Nursing building) and walking across campus as much of the west-side parking will be taken by the debate attendees.

NOTES: The producers want the audience to promote FAU and not a particular political campaign, so please no campaign shirts or materials. We encourage you to wear your FAU gear or anything that is blue or red. Please do NOT bring any handheld signs, as they block the camera's view of the audience and the debate site. Questions? Contact [email protected].
Back to the top

Re: Help promote FAU on MSNBC tonight and tomorrow morning

Watching MSNBC Now…It's awesome seeing FAU logos and banners all over the place. We look pretty good out there.

-Go Owls!
Back to the top

I saw FAU on the Today's show this morning. David Gregory was standing in front of the student union with the FAU sign in back. Looked good.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

It's good to see all the FAU students in ther background on MSNBC. We could also hear the band as they went to a break, but the band needs to be heard more. Move the mikes, MSNBC!

And what's with all those owl eyes signs? They are difficult to comprehend as they move so quickly. Let's see some homemade signs and good old fashioned FAU letters.

This is kind of funny - like a political version of Sports Center on campus.
Back to the top

BMarkey said

It's good to see all the FAU students in ther background on MSNBC. We could also hear the band as they went to a break, but the band needs to be heard more. Move the mikes, MSNBC!

And what's with all those owl eyes signs? They are difficult to comprehend as they move so quickly. Let's see some homemade signs and good old fashioned FAU letters.

This is kind of funny - like a political version of Sports Center on campus.

Yeah, I was thinking that it's like ESPN Gameday came to town.  Where's Corso?  Where's Herbie??  If nothing more, this gives me a good feeling about what it will be like when ESPN shows up for real.
Back to the top

Yeah, I meant GameDay.

Same stuffed shirts, just different bodies and subject matter. :)

The students need to start raising some $%^#@ and maybe the commentators will react.

It would be funny to see Corso being hanged in effigy. Oops, can I say "hanged" any more?

Back to the top

Well, is it too late to get Corso to give his pick on who's going to win the debate?

He takes the stage, gives us a "not so fast, my friend!", and then whips out a Mike Huckabee mask and puts it on.

And where are the cheerleaders?
Back to the top

If the debate is in the theater and watch party is in the Lifelong Learning Center, why has the game been moved from the arena?

The hoops game crowd sound small, but the crowd on campus seems large.

FAU down by 3 - 16-13 now with around 5:00 in the first half.
Back to the top

Hoops game was moved because it would increase traffic on campus and they are using the gym parking lot for debate parking.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

The projected numbers would indicate campus was not any more crowded than when there is a big hoops game, baseball game and concert. The game tonight could have been accommodated.
Back to the top
Control functions: