Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Thread: FAU vs Denver 01-24-08

Add topic

Game thread for tonights game:

Links:

WMEN 640AM - Internet Radio Broadcast- FAU vs Denver, 7:30pm

Chat Room CLOSED

Back to the top

Re: Game Thread - FAU vs Denver

Looks like the game is about to get on the way & Denver is down their best player.

Back to the top

Denver is out their leader scorer, SR David Kummer F - season ending injury, fractured right fibula

Back to the top

down 11-6 after 6 minutes
Back to the top

Ugly game so far.

FAU has fought back to narrow Denvers lead to 3 - 21-18 DU
Back to the top

24-23 denver up at the half. closed a ten point gap to one. 23 points in teh first half sucks. come on. were much more athletic than that.
Back to the top

FAU hangs on to win in OT - 70-68

That would have been a very disappointing loss if DU makes that three at the buzzer.
Back to the top

from the radio/internet it honestly sounds like the team is poorly coached. Why is X-man pushing the ball and trying to make shots when the shot clock is turned off at the end of regulation? Come on. He should a. not be in the game or b. know better. that could've cost us the game right there. He's not a freshman, he's been with the team for two years now and there more than halfway thru the season. how much longer are we suppose to wait on the team.

Florida_Owl, You have to look at this both ways, I'm happy too we got the win but its a bitter sweet victory. Also Denver hasn't won on the road this year so I don't know how impressive this win is.
Back to the top

Whew! Nice win. It wasn't pretty and the refs just about gave it away with all those calls in the overtime.
Back to the top

Game Thread: FAU vs Denver 01-24-08

Exit39 said

Florida_Owl, You have to look at this both ways, I'm happy too we got the win but its a bitter sweet victory. Also Denver hasn't won on the road this year so I don't know how impressive this win is.

no excuses on this one…we played about as bad as we possibly could in the first 12 minutes…i was at the game…it was BAD…no enthusiasm, no effort, no SHOOTING at all…the atmoshpere in Lynn is aweful…total HS feel, and the team was in a funk…it was obvious…i dont blame them…they should have been on their own floor.

BUT, we played a very good second half…

Denver:

they are not a bad team…i encourage everyone to see how their season pans out, because believe me, they will win more games…i know they arent athletic and i know that they get "paradigmed" for running the princeton offense as being weak, etc…but they are not…they are very well coached and play solid fundamentally…that will win games even when you lack athleticism…thier center is a pure sleeper…looks like a total dork and absolutely lit us up from beind the arc…and didnt miss one free throw…he's money…

just see us for example…we werent fundamentally sound the first half and tried to out muscle them…DIDNT WORK…

nontheless, if Hughley would have not committed two fouls, and missed two free throws in the waining minute and a half of the second half we win by 5 - 7 points and get out saving face…

he killed us.

props to Los for clutch free throws…and Graham for his two big ones at the end as well…

we wont face another team like this again this year…Thank God!

As BMarkey mentioned, the refs called a squeaky tight game…some calls were just rediculous…tap and touch fouls left and right - but hey, thats life…have to adjust…

we face a very tough battle next Wednesday at home when UNO comes in…

GET TO THE GAME…team needs support for this one!

I know it may be difficult to see, but we are making progress each game emotionally and mentally…its coming to gather slowly but surely…
Back to the top
Control functions: