Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Dolphins first overall draft pick?

Add topic

Sooo, the the newspapers are starting to talk about it alot more, espn is discussing it already.......what should the Dolphins do with the first pick? trade down? take glen dorsey? or another player......seriously?!!? i mean i want to see a QB, but there is no QB worth a first overall draft anndddd Dolphins need alot of help....

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

Re: Dolphins first overall draft pick?

jvowl said

Sooo, the the newspapers are starting to talk about it alot more, espn is discussing it already…….what should the Dolphins do with the first pick? trade down? take glen dorsey? or another player……seriously?!!? i mean i want to see a QB, but there is no QB worth a first overall draft anndddd Dolphins need alot of help….

I'm not a dolphins fan so personally I could care less what they do with the pick but I love football and love watching the draft. They need a lot more then just a QB but without a QB they'll be this years Baltimore Ravens. Good D no O. I say trade the pick and get some more picks out of it. They can take someone like Matt Ryan 5th or 6th instead of 1st and then get some O Line or D players in the later rounds with the extra picks they got.

Maybe they can trade it to New England for super bowl tickets and Wes Welker back

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

The only logical choice is to take a QB and nobody is worth the #1 pick. I say trade down and try to add a pick or two later in the draft. I am sure they could drop to 6-10 and get a second rounder and maybe even a third rounder for their #1 overall pick. If they decided not to go QB in the first round there would still be plenty of quality QBs in the second round. First round potential QBs are Matt Ryan and Brian Brohm. I think Andre Woodson is a late 1st early 2nd. Then you have Erik Ainge, Colt Brennan, John David Booty, Chad Henne, and Dennis Dixon who all could be picked up in the 2nd round maybe later. The only guys that I would want to bring in to resurrect the franchise would be Ryan, Brohm, or Dennis Dixon. A name that not too many people have heard of is Joe Flacco from 1-AA Delaware. He is the real deal at 6-6 240lbs and a cannon of an arm. He is a 2nd rounder with awesome potential. If I am Miami I trade down and then take him in the second round.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

well to trade down someone will have to want that 1st pick and want to pay someone 1st pick money…….i dont see that happening this year unless someone really wants Dorsey.  A team would be dumb to trade up for a qb or a rb since this draft is stacked with talent in that pool.

personally i could see the Yolfins picking up a punter with the 1st pick to pair with Ted Ginn Jr.

GO BUCS!
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

well to trade down someone will have to want that 1st pick and want to pay someone 1st pick money…….i dont see that happening this year unless someone really wants Dorsey.  A team would be dumb to trade up for a qb or a rb since this draft is stacked with talent in that pool.

personally i could see the Yolfins picking up a punter with the 1st pick to pair with Ted Ginn Jr.

GO BUCS!

Dorsey would be the reason for someone to trade up and take the first pick. Beyond that I agree with you that a move up to #1 doesn't really make any sense.

If Miami stays at #1 and takes Dorsey they still have a shot at getting a decent QB in the second round. However, I personally think that the drop-off from Ryan and Brohm to the next best QB is pretty big. People are saying that Woodson is a top notch QB and I don't share that same opinion. He hasn't shown the ability to go deep with any consistency. He is good at getting the ball in on short routes and then letting his receivers pick up yardage after the catch. Dennis Dixon has a lot of up-side and he could develop into a very good QB. However I don't think too many QBs can come in this year and make an impact right away. I think Joe Flacco is the 3rd best pro-style QB behind Ryan and Brohm. I have seen him in person and he is outstanding. Ryan, Brohm, and Flacco are the three QBs that I think could make an impact right away. The rest of the QB class will need some time to develop.

GO OWLS!!!

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Nunzio42 said

GO BUCS!

Dorsey would be the reason for someone to trade up and take the first pick. Beyond that I agree with you that a move up to #1 doesn't really make any sense.

If Miami stays at #1 and takes Dorsey they still have a shot at getting a decent QB in the second round. However, I personally think that the drop-off from Ryan and Brohm to the next best QB is pretty big. People are saying that Woodson is a top notch QB and I don't share that same opinion. He hasn't shown the ability to go deep with any consistency. He is good at getting the ball in on short routes and then letting his receivers pick up yardage after the catch. Dennis Dixon has a lot of up-side and he could develop into a very good QB. However I don't think too many QBs can come in this year and make an impact right away. I think Joe Flacco is the 3rd best pro-style QB behind Ryan and Brohm. I have seen him in person and he is outstanding. Ryan, Brohm, and Flacco are the three QBs that I think could make an impact right away. The rest of the QB class will need some time to develop.

GO OWLS!!!

GO OWLS!!!

Chad Henne has better NFL skills than either Brohm or Ryan.  If I were the dolphins I would take McFadden and trade up in the 2nd round if necesarry to get Henne.  McFadden and Henne would be a huge upgrade on offense, Henne started 4 straight years at Michigan in a pro-style offense…he will suceed.  I would take secondary players in the 3rd and 4th and then all OL 5th, 6th, and 7th. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

mcfadden wouldn't make sense……ronnie brown is a great back, although he had a slow start this past season, probably due to a new offensive playbook and scheme, when he got injured he was leading the league in all purpose yards and like 3rd in rushing yards…..if mcfadden is taken its for trade bait if anything…..i like ryan and brohm, don't know anything about this flacco, but i agree woodson is overrated….i do like henne as well…he could develop big time….

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

Dolphins first overall draft pick?

walty12 said

owlfan1 said

Nunzio42 said

GO BUCS!

GO OWLS!!!

GO OWLS!!!

Chad Henne has better NFL skills than either Brohm or Ryan.  If I were the dolphins I would take McFadden and trade up in the 2nd round if necesarry to get Henne.  McFadden and Henne would be a huge upgrade on offense, Henne started 4 straight years at Michigan in a pro-style offense…he will suceed.  I would take secondary players in the 3rd and 4th and then all OL 5th, 6th, and 7th.

Henne is also a safe bet. He has been consistent throughout his career. It it interesting to see how far Brohm is slipping. If he came out last year he would have been a definite top 5 pick and now people are saying he is a second rounder. I think he still has the skill set and knowledge to be very good in the NFL.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

jvowl said

mcfadden wouldn't make sense……ronnie brown is a great back, although he had a slow start this past season, probably due to a new offensive playbook and scheme, when he got injured he was leading the league in all purpose yards and like 3rd in rushing yards…..if mcfadden is taken its for trade bait if anything…..i like ryan and brohm, don't know anything about this flacco, but i agree woodson is overrated….i do like henne as well…he could develop big time….

I think McFadden makes sense for a few reasons.  1) He is worth a #1 pick, I dont believe there are many players in the draft that are "special" like McFadden; 2) Look what happened to the Dolphins offense when  Ronnie went down, if I remember right the last sucessful season they had was when Ricky and Ronnie were sharing time (I am not a Dolphins fact, so I dont remember everything in detail); 3) they need to put butts in the seats, they just went 1-15, the fans need a reason to go to the games and McFadden is exciting

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

According to Chris Mortenson from ESPN, Parcells told Dallas if they want the # 1 pick (Jerry Jones is VERY high on Darren McFadden) They would have to involve Marion Barber in any deal. As a Cowboys fan if Jerry Jones does this I'm going to flip. If the Dolphins want a RB from Dallas take Julius Jones he sucks and they don't need him anyway

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: