Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rivals football board

Since when did they change it to where you now need to be a paying member to read/post in the FAU forums?

I know there has always been talk on that board about why more FAU fans don't post there. What better way to draw more fans than to charge them for it? BRILLIANT!!

Care to clarify southfla?

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Re: Rivals football board

They don't post there because this is "THE" FAU message board.    ;)

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Rivals football board

CanadianOwl said

Since when did they change it to where you now need to be a paying member to read/post in the FAU forums?

I know there has always been talk on that board about why more FAU fans don't post there. What better way to draw more fans than to charge them for it? BRILLIANT!!

Care to clarify southfla?

There is a free board and a new premium board.  Even so, I don't like it.  I know Rivals doesn't care about this(they are a for profit business, so they shouldn't really care), but we need to be as accessible as possible right now.  It is one thing for a team like UF to charge when they have thousands of people on their board looking for info, but for a team like us, I don't see how charging for a premium board is helpful.  They need to actually get Owls fans over there first and worry about charging later when demand is higher.  Anyway, this board here remains the best place on the web to discuss the Owls.
Back to the top

I may catch some flack from the Mods for this, but truly feel it is worth it.

The guy (Mark) got tired of people posting his stuff here, and other places, so he locked the board chat room down for premium subcribers only…

Good and bad:

Bad = like Owls44 said cant grow a base. And further solidifies the MONEY FOCUS.

Good = keep people from "stealing" your stuff - That really isnt "yours" to begin with because it is based on conversation you had to have with someone other than yourself…But that is besides the point…which brings me to:

Irony:

Mark, if you are reading this, no offense bro, but i have to call it what it is.

You comes on this board (for free, as it is free) read all of the stuff you are interested in, and contribute nothing.

You have bee a member since Mar of 07.  You have never posted anything contructive, dialougue or otherwise, about our program other than links for premium content - on which you profit…See for yourself:

Owl's Nest

Yet, you feel this behavior is ok…

Well, i consider that a one way river…And the last time i checked, there is only one on the face of the planet - it's called the dead sea…It's dead because it only "receives"…All other bodies of water provide flow into other bodies of water…the Dead Sea receives from other bodies, and cant get rid of the "pollutants"…

So…

There are two things at play here.

a.  Your right to protect "your" information.

b.  Your reputation here.

a.  Resolution:

Lock the site down and sincere best wishes!  i truly mean that!

b.  Resolution:

We are a "family" in here, and share thoughts, emotions, and information freely…

Stay off our board, if you want to be a "one way" Joe.  Hypocricy is so not appealing…….
Back to the top

I think were a family too......maybe a disfunctional one......but never the less a family
Back to the top

The guy is trying to make money and that is fine.  I understand paying to sign up for the site to access the information about recruiting.  What I don't understand is the "premium" board.  You pay for the Rivals subscription so you can read the articles(which are posted once every blue moon) and then they want to charge you again for a "premium" message board.  Why?  Is the information posted on the "premium" board different then the articles they make you pay to read?  If it is, then Rivals really is a scam.  Afterall, in a few weeks, this stuff is all public information anyway.

Really, i'm just jealous…I wish I thought of this first…you get a list of high school players, you talk to some coaches and assign a subjective rating system to them and fans pay you a monthly fee to read who may or may not end up playing for their team.  It's easy money. 
Back to the top

why should I pay someone to read the same things I'm reading on here for free? I'm willing to bet a bunch of his stuff comes from this board anyway. If you or I do some digging and find someone that's not on rivals and he reads this board all he has to do, is copy the stuff we post on here and some poor sap just paid to read what we're posting on here for free.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I learned all about the Dead Sea and I didn't even have to subscribe to rivals.com!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

The guy is trying to make money and that is fine.  I understand paying to sign up for the site to access the information about recruiting.  What I don't understand is the "premium" board.  You pay for the Rivals subscription so you can read the articles(which are posted once every blue moon) and then they want to charge you again for a "premium" message board.  Why?  Is the information posted on the "premium" board different then the articles they make you pay to read?  If it is, then Rivals really is a scam.  Afterall, in a few weeks, this stuff is all public information anyway.

Really, i'm just jealous…I wish I thought of this first…you get a list of high school players, you talk to some coaches and assign a subjective rating system to them and fans pay you a monthly fee to read who may or may not end up playing for their team.  It's easy money.

it may  make money, but its a CRAP business model ethically…

you're legally preying on amatuer athletes with "priviledged" conversation:

Psst, hey "so and so" told me what school he likes…give me five bucks and ill tell you…

Give me a stinkin break…

Back to the top

Rivals.com is a bunch of crap. Give me $20 bucks a month and I'll share my rumors with you, too.

If this is what a guy has to do to make 20,000 a year, hey so be it.  It beats having him hassle you with a copy of the Homeless voice in your face at a red light.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top
Control functions: