Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Do not post premium content from other sites

Do not post premium content from other sites

Please do not repost premium/restricted content from other websites (e.g. premium recruiting news) here. We receive reports from the content owners and have to remove the information. Thanks for your cooperation.
Back to the top

Re: Do not post premium content from other sites

Alright, so how about the thousands of other collegiate message boards that do it?

This is nonsense.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Must chime in… and not dogging you Fledge…i hear your heart on this…

it doesnt matter how many "other people" do something…it is either right or wrong…and like it or not (which i really dont like the whole premise behind "premium" content anyway because its ABSOLUTE CRAP for some "recruiting expert" at rivlas.com to have a conversation with someone [amatuer HS athlete] and then SELL it for thier own gain) we have to be respectful of the laws, and what is considered ethical behavior…

Bytor mentioned the proper way to get "information" out there in his brief addres of his plans for the boards expansion - sponsorship, tasteful banners, merchadise sales, etc…and believe me, when things finally take off the way he has planned, these boards (rivals, scout, etc) will lose ALL of thier members and it will be a MOOT point…at least as far as FAU Athletics is concerend…not speaking to thier other major affiliates…

Bottom line, if you want to build a house, build it right…thats what he is doing…and this is one brick…he's laying a foundation of morals and ethical base that will plant seed and reap a harvest longterm…

Newton's Third Law, "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction", cuts to the finest of lines…and this is one of them…

Let's all support his efforts? :)
Back to the top

You love the metaphors, Florida_Owl!

If they didn't want people "stealing" their stories, that's their problem.  Here's a metaphor for you:

If I bought a basketball hoop and set it up at the corner of my street, I can't be upset when all the kids want to use it.  And when you move the basketball court back to your property, its not fair to the kids who can look around other streets and see kids playing on other basketball courts.

I read quite a few different blogs who have some sort of gizmo that won't let you copy anything they write or pictures they post.

Back to the top

This is kind of a moot point anyway, considering I couldn't care less about rivals.com after countless unanswered emails as to why Rusty wasn't in their statistics.

Back to the top

Fledgling said

You love the metaphors, Florida_Owl!

If they didn't want people "stealing" their stories, that's their problem.  Here's a metaphor for you:

If I bought a basketball hoop and set it up at the corner of my street, I can't be upset when all the kids want to use it.  And when you move the basketball court back to your property, its not fair to the kids who can look around other streets and see kids playing on other basketball courts.

I read quite a few different blogs who have some sort of gizmo that won't let you copy anything they write or pictures they post.

Thank NorthEast High for that!

I did pay attnetion to the teachers during Advanced English in Junior and Senior years…lol

Good one…here's a question:

Do you think that "baiting" (what the plice do when they want to snag someone for solicitation of a prostitute") is right?

Because you putting that rim on the sidewalk, in, let's say inner city Chicago, and then movign it back to your yard, would be the equivelant ;)

BUT, i see you point…

New slogan for The Owl's Nest:

It's Gizmo Time!
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

New slogan for The Owl's Nest:

It's Gizmo Time!

And here's the mascot!

Back to the top

Fledgling said

and here's the mascot!

:o :o

that looks ALOT like a Burrowing Owl - minus the ears!

Maybe we can throw those onto the court when the refs make a bad call from now on?? ;D

you know, kind of like what they used to do with the rats at the Panther's hockey game when they scored a goal…
Back to the top

As long as we yell "bright light!" as we throw it, hey I'm up for that.

Back to the top

Fledgling said

As long as we yell "bright light!" as we throw it, hey I'm up for that.

wait, you would actually have to COME TO THE GAME to participate Fledge…

;D ;)
Back to the top
Control functions: