Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jim Kelly visited FAU

Didn't see this posted so thought I'd throw it out there.  Pretty cool stuff.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/faublog/entries/2008/01/26/kelly_comes_to_fau.html

If only we could have him talk to some recruits!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: Jim Kelly visited FAU

could be wrong but I don't think he's allowed to, that's the whole compliance issue thing again.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I thought that Miami alumni would always call prospects and say hey Miami is a great school you really should go there blah blah blah

How can you restrict a private citizen from talking to people about a program if it is unsolicited by the school, or penalize the school for it?

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

I thought that Miami alumni would always call prospects and say hey Miami is a great school you really should go there blah blah blah

How can you restrict a private citizen from talking to people about a program if it is unsolicited by the school, or penalize the school for it?

He can do it on his own free will as long as the school doesn't ask him to call recruits I think. Just like you or I can tell any of them you should go to FAU it's a great school. I think if he is asked by coach or by the school to recruit for them then that's where it gets shady.. Fledge, any idea? I know you read that compliance book. Am I way off base here?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

so than make him our QB coach

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

Jim Kelly visited FAU

SeminOWL2006 said

Jim Kelly can't speak to recruits on behalf of FAU, that would be an NCAA infraction.  He can do it on his own time, for his own reasons.  This is obviously hard to to curb, but people do talk and word does get back to the NCAA compliance office.

UM Alumni might share their stories with prospective athletes, but again, the school cannot ask them to speak to anyone on their behalf or during an official visitation and there's also certain stipulations during the recruiting period that are too detailed to dive into (certain time periods you are granted certain recruiting privileges, etc.

Aren't all UM football players related anyway?

Like things, love people.
Back to the top
Control functions: