Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

HI To ALL and Next Years Impact Players

HI To ALL and Next Years Impact Players

Greetings to all. I've been a frequent visitor to the owls nest for a while and today decided to join and have my voice officially heard. I'm a recent grad, may 2007, and fan since 2003. I'm looking forward to this upcoming season, as I know the rest of you are as well. That sets up my first post/question… Regarding next years team who does everyone believe will be a "impact" player. Of course the obvious names come to mind such as Rusty/Cortez/Harmon/Polo/Joseph/J.Jackson, but who are those guys going to be who will make a name for themselves (ie stepping out of a previous starters shadow ect)? My money is on Charles Pierre, well know guy but not really appreciated. FAU has never had a 1000 yard rusher and I think this guy will break that trend next year and most importantly give the offense true balance. What do you think?
Back to the top

Re: HI To ALL and Next Years Impact Players

b_rider72 said

"Greetings to all…FAU has never had a 1000 yard rusher and I think this guy will break that trend next year and most importantly give the offense true balance. What do you think?"

Welcome to the board!

We are absolutely stacked at RB, but:

My vote for the next 1000 yard back is…….

Xavier Stinson.

Pierre shares the load…and in a dual back system, it will be hard unless you possess sheer skills - which X does…
Back to the top

I think Avery Holley, will be an exciting player to watch next year.

If they can give him some reverses with his speed from the receiver position and keep defenses honest it could really make the offense even more dynamic.

Back to the top

My vote for breakout player next season is Lestar Jean.  He's got all of the physical tools and at the end of the season and the Bowl game, he was making big plays.  I think he makes a similar leap to what Cortez Gent had this past season. 
Back to the top

Pierre shares the load…and in a dual back system, it will be hard unless you possess sheer skills - which X does…

Pierre only shared the load last year b/c he had Manley in there with him. And as I recall he's been our leading rush for the past 2 or 3 years. To make it even easier for him to reach that landmark will be the improved o-line and opponents paying more attention to the passing game.

As for X, he hasn't played a down yet so how can you be sure he'll come right in and perform on that high of a level. Not to say I dont hope for that but I'm going by what has been true in the past.
Back to the top

Lester Jean gets my vote…it seems like he got rid of the yips that he had for most of the year and should come into the season with a lot of confidence.

I'm excited to see X play as well, he's a beast from what I've heard. Hopefully he can be that downhill runner that we had in Doug Parker those last couple years.
Back to the top

b_rider72 said

Pierre only shared the load last year b/c he had Manley in there with him.

As for X, he hasn't played a down yet so how can you be sure he'll come right in and perform on that high of a level.

and Edgecomb…and Rose…

true…ill give you that…alot of what i am prefacing this off of is the multiple scouting reports out on him - all glowing…and his build…his legs are about 36" off of the ground, and he's built like a Tazmanian Devil…
Back to the top

As good as Harmon was this year, I think he will break out into the national spotlight next year. If he had true TE size he would have received a lot more attention this past season. I also think Stinson is going to turn some heads.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

The corners are looking great, but who's gonna step in at safety. The guy who I think will be making alot of plays, particularly b/c he should be a starter next season, is Cardayle Brantley. He's played most on special teams but did start a game this past year when Bartels was out. Definitely a guy to watch, especially since there has to be someone to step up at those two safety spots.
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

As good as Harmon was this year, I think he will break out into the national spotlight next year. If he had true TE size he would have received a lot more attention this past season. I also think Stinson is going to turn some heads.

GO OWLS!!!

I agree 100%…..with rusty at qb and teams will have to stay honest with our speed on the outside that will let Harmon free up a bit with some single coverage.  I expect him to Hop into the spotlight this year…..and make one of the plays of the day on ESPN
Back to the top
Control functions: