Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sucks to be them

I am glad we don't have to deal with these types of off-field issues, at least not yet.

Tennessee Volunteer Freshman receivers Gerald Jones and Ahmad Paige were cited for possession of marijuana, a misdemeanor…A week later, freshman running back Daryl Vereen was arrested and charged with public intoxication. Last weekend, junior offensive lineman Anthony Parker was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Re: Sucks to be them

Didn't we have a couple of kids 2 years ago kicked off for something along these lines?

They're kids, and unfortunately under that intense spotlight.

Lets hope ours never get too out of line.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Sucks to be them

Even when I was in New Orleans and the players were on Bourbon Street they seemed to be keeping things pretty tame.  Maybe they know its one strike and youre out

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Anthony Crissinger-Hill sure didn't stay in line.  He was probably the most talented player to date at FAU and got kicked off for three drug offenses I think.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Yeah, I know about CH and a few others sprinkled about.  Just glad we haven't had to deal with multiple situations at once.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Its a little different for athletes at major D1 programs.  Players are treated like movie stars which sometimes goes straight to their heads making them think they can do whatever they want and get away with it.  I think Howard does a wonderful job keeping his players humble and in reality.  My fathers a fairly big booster at Tennessee so Ive spent a lot of time around the players up there at banquets,practices and such and its absolutely ridiculous how the athletes there are treated like kings.  The egos of some of those guys is hilarious.
Back to the top

More Fulmer Cup points for UT.  They're currently on the podium, but I think they can get the gold!
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Even when I was in New Orleans and the players were on Bourbon Street they seemed to be keeping things pretty tame.  Maybe they know its one strike and youre out

The guys were class acts in New Orleans. I was extremely impressed with them. Even after the victory I didn't see too many of them drinking while out on Bourbon Street. Most of them were just enjoying the experience. I think they have a world of respect for coach and what he represents. They know that he expects a great deal from them and problem players won't be tolerated.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

The said

More Fulmer Cup points for UT.  They're currently on the podium, but I think they can get the gold!

Ha ha Big Dog, nice EDSBS reference. Fulmer is an idiot and even though those guys are treated like kings by boosters and fans, the coach should still be able to keep them in line, especially at a huge program like that.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

The said

Ha ha Big Dog, nice EDSBS reference. Fulmer is an idiot and even though those guys are treated like kings by boosters and fans, the coach should still be able to keep them in line, especially at a huge program like that.

Love that site. :)  I don't know for sure, but Fulmer has never seemed too interested at keeping them in line.  Just happy FAU isn't on that list. (knock on wood)
Back to the top
Control functions: