Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stars schmars...THIS is where it's at!

Judge a recruit by those willing to offer them something…not what those "experts" on Rivals had to say…here's the real deal:

Xavier Stinson 5-8, 228 - RB
Tennessee
Wisconsin
Pittsburgh
Auburn

(all CONFIRMED offers)

Mike Barasch  5-9, 189 - RB
Connecticut
New Mexico
Syracuse
Florida

Keon Broxton  6-2, 170 - WR
Connecticut
NC State
South Florida

Travis Cox  5-11, 172 - DB
Marshall
Temple

Jimmy Jean  6-1, 268 - DT
Florida Int'l
Louisiana-Laf.
Eastern Illinois
Louisville

David Kooi  6-6, 210 - QB
Florida Int'l
UAB
Southern Miss.
UCF

Yourhighness Morgan  6-2, 218 - LB
Middle Tenn St.
Michigan State
NC State
Purdue
Buffalo
UCF

Troy Niblack  6-4, 271 - OT
Florida State
Kansas
Kansas State
Kentucky
Purdue
South Florida
West Virginia

Alex Pattee  6-2, 210 - LB
Air Force
Arizona State
Colorado
Kansas State
Central Michigan
Iowa State
South Florida

Randy Richards  6-2, 275 - OL
Tulsa

Graham Wilbert  6-4, 216 - QB
Nevada
Idaho St.
Portland St.
Utah State
San Diego St.
Bowling Green

Demetrius Williamson  6-0, 175 - CB
Connecticut
UCF

Now, look at last ALL classes to date and tell me how they compare to this!

Exactly.

Back to the top

Re: Stars schmars...THIS is where it's at!

Gotta give it to the man, good point!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

the problem is you don't really know whose being honest about offers.  These kids can say anybody offered them but that doesn't mean its true. See Janury Gray, Yourhighness, and that kid out west that thought he was going to cal.
Back to the top

what about Yourhighness? He was recruited by Michigan State, not sure who else is on that list. A kid can make up a school but if anyone like Scout or Rivals does any research and the school has no idea what he's talking about the the kid looks like a fool. It's not like Yourhighness said I was offered scholarships by UM, UF and FSU and he chose FAU.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I think we also have to question whether all of those were offers or simply interest. Some schools show lots of interest but don't put an offer on the table. Then a kid might say that he has received a lot of interest from school X and someone misconstrues that to mean that the kid received an offer. Based on the list provided Patee seems to be the best signee of the bunch if we go on offers or interest above all else.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

The above list was cross referenced between four recruiting sites…

im confident in what i put on it under each athlete.
Back to the top

I added Xavier Stinson, who also actually signed his LOI today - even though we thought he had already done so…

BTW, he is listed as a TWO STAR RECRUIT on rivals.com…

Forget the "stars"…LOOK AT THE OFFERS HE HAD:

Including a BIG 10 school, a BIG East school, and 2 SEC schools……………………………………………

ok, im done with this topic ;)
Back to the top

the recruiting sites get their info from the students not the schools.  The fact is all those kids I listed were claiming offers they didn't have.  Hey, I'm not knocking these kids for creating a sense of demand, but when a kid tells rival he's got multiple offers and ends up going to Morgan State something doesn't jive.  I don't want to get in a pi$$ing contest about morgan, I hope he comes in with a chip on shoulder, gets healthy and plays well for you.  However, most D1 schools(including us) pulled their offers due to his knee injury.  I hope this class works out well for you I believe what is good for the belt is good for all of us.  FWIW I don't put alot of value in the star system either.  If you know anything about middle we always  had "top" recruiting classes that never really amounted to anything.  I just disagreeed with the theory that you can judge a class by who else offered them, because there is know way to know who really offered them .
Back to the top

Stars schmars...THIS is where it's at!

Not to argue, but I'm just wondering where you're getting your info from.  I checked both Rivals and Scout and neither Kooi or Williamson had offers from UCF and UCF wasn't even listed anywhere on their profiles.  I just checked with the UCFsports.com mod and he has no knowledge of UCF recruiting them.

I also just check Stinson's profile and his only stated offer was from FAU.

What are your sources?
Back to the top

UCFKnight85 said

Not to argue, but I'm just wondering where you're getting your info from.  I checked both Rivals and Scout and neither Kooi or Williamson had offers from UCF and UCF wasn't even listed anywhere on their profiles.  I just checked with the UCFsports.com mod and he has no knowledge of UCF recruiting them.

I also just check Stinson's profile and his only stated offer was from FAU.

What are your sources?

A Friends, brothers, girlfriends, mother goes to the beauty shop with a lady who's nephew goes to school with one of Stinson's childhood friends. He said Stinson told him that back in October. His name is Mike.
Back to the top
Control functions: