Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Joe Dawson

Found this on Marcus' blog. I'm all about the blogs today lol.

"And a reader e-mailed about a supposed commitment from OL Joe Dawson, who signed with FAU two years ago. I was skeptical on this one from the start especially after I noticed he didn’t play football last season. I called his junior college coach last month who said Dawson had given up playing for his team due to nagging injuries. But to cut to the chase, FAU didn’t offer him a scholarship this year, so that’s why he didn’t re-sign."

that should answer that question

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Joe Dawson

This is what kills me about those recruiting sites. Rivals had this guy as one of our earliest commits and now it turns out he was never offered. So much for Dawson's huge impact next season.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

CanadianOwl said

This is what kills me about those recruiting sites. Rivals had this guy as one of our earliest commits and now it turns out he was never offered. So much for Dawson's huge impact next season.

agreed…but i had heard he wanted to come back here all along…qualifying hurt him…

then when we got verbals from  Niblack and Richards, i think that was the dagger…although must admit, thought he would get an offer…
Back to the top

Joe Dawson

Florida_Owl said

CanadianOwl said

agreed…but i had heard he wanted to come back here all along…qualifying hurt him…

then when we got verbals from  Niblack and Richards, i think that was the dagger…although must admit, thought he would get an offer…

I think the fact that he quit on his team and he's oft injured Howard probably stayed away. He has GREAT size and I'm sure he can always try to walk on but we don't want quitters on our team and we had enough injury problems last season

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

With the kids we just signed I wouldn't be too concerned about Dawson.

PS. - I did take him off the list as a verbal.
Back to the top

Bytor said

With the kids we just signed I wouldn't be too concerned about Dawson.

PS. - I did take him off the list as a verbal.

sorry…still in mourning over 6-5 320Lbs fleet footed lineman…….

:(  :'(
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

sorry…still in mourning over 6-5 320Lbs fleet footed lineman…….

….. who hasn't played football in two years. I think we'll survive.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

I have to agree with you Canadian. The fact that all 17 players he wanted that first weekend verbally committed (and dialed in from the get-go) tells me that the recruiting staff knows who it wants– HS Guys.

They recruited kids who had not just the ability, but the personality and desire to play well for HS.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: