Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

I don't know what's worse...

Add topic

The student scammed everyone into thinking he had offers from Cal and Oregon. Of course, he had no offers.

The school holds a pep rally, interrupting classes, for a student to announce his NON-ACADEMIC intentions. What happened to common sense? Is this normal at high schools today?

Nevada high school football recruit made up story - College Football - ESPN

Rivals gave him 2 stars  :D  :D  :D  ::)

Kevin Hart - Yahoo! Sports
Back to the top

Re: I don't know what's worse...

Lm77 said

The student scammed everyone into thinking he had offers from Cal and Oregon. Of course, he had no offers.

The school holds a pep rally, interrupting classes, for a student to announce his NON-ACADEMIC intentions. What happened to common sense? Is this normal at high schools today?

Nevada high school football recruit made up story - College Football - ESPN

Rivals gave him 2 stars  :D  :D  :D  ::)

Kevin Hart - Yahoo! Sports

I don't think this is the norm. Most schools just have the players and parents in a conference room or library with the press and they sign there. I think this kid got so much attention because he went to a small school in a small town. He may have been the first player to be "recruited" from the school.
Back to the top

The way the article is written, I don't know whether he tried to scam or someone tried to scam him.  Either way, isn't it strange to commit to a school when you've never had even one recruiting visit anywhere?
Back to the top

The said

The way the article is written, I don't know whether he tried to scam or someone tried to scam him.  Either way, isn't it strange to commit to a school when you've never had even one recruiting visit anywhere?

?

why do you say that…he said he made it all up…
Back to the top

Idiot, is all I can say, Im not sure why this story bothers me soo much, but for some reason it does.  My question is how did this get all the way up to signing day, complete with a big rally, and NO ONE CHECKED THIS CLOWN'S STORY?!  I would think that teachers and coaches would be smart enough to realize that this kid says he has all these offers, yet never visited campus, or never had a real offer.  How does this happen, did everyone at that school just have the stars in their eyes?

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

I don't know what's worse...

From what I heard on ESPN his parents paid someone or something like that who was "helping him out" with recruiting and he came back and said OK you have offers from these schools. Obviously this kid and his parents got taken for a ride. He announces he's going to these schools and then Oregon and Cal both say not only did they not offer him anything, but they never even heard of him.

I kinda feel bad for this kid, he made a total fool of himself and now the whole country is talking about how much of an idiot he looks like. Like everyone else says if I'm an 18 year old kid and I'm told Oregon and Cal are recruiting me I'm going to at least call and talk to the coach's myself and find a time to come visit.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

From what I heard on ESPN his parents paid someone or something like that who was "helping him out" with recruiting and he came back and said OK you have offers from these schools. Obviously this kid and his parents got taken for a ride. He announces he's going to these schools and then Oregon and Cal both say not only did they not offer him anything, but they never even heard of him.

I kinda feel bad for this kid, he made a total fool of himself and now the whole country is talking about how much of an idiot he looks like. Like everyone else says if I'm an 18 year old kid and I'm told Oregon and Cal are recruiting me I'm going to at least call and talk to the coach's myself and find a time to come visit.

The kid came out and said that he made it all up. He didn't pay anyone and he never had any offers. He knew all along. He said his dream was to play for a D-1 program and he simply created his own reality. Only problem is that on signing day his fabricated reality collided with the real thing. Now he is the one with egg on his face.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

The said

?

Yeah, that's what I get for reading only the article and not watching the video.
Back to the top

The said

Florida_Owl said

The said

?

Yeah, that's what I get for reading only the article and not watching the video.

The whole thing is just strange. First he said he got offers from Cal and Oregon, then when he was told they never heard of him he said well I paid this guy who said he was an agent for those schools and he told me they were interested. Then finally he said "OK I made it all up, there was no agent and I never received offers" He said he just wanted to know what it was like to be one of these big stars who holds a press conference to tell everyone where he's going. Apparently he went to a football camp over the summer at Oregon but scouts there said he's just not scholarship worthy, I guess he didn't get that memo

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

The whole thing is just strange. First he said he got offers from Cal and Oregon, then when he was told they never heard of him he said well I paid this guy who said he was an agent for those schools and he told me they were interested.

I noticed during the pep rally, he had the hats but not the LOI papers in front of him.

That should have set off alarms immediately.
Back to the top
Control functions: