Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Xavier Stinson the LB??

This is from ESPN.com insider

(Done for 2007) Stinson is an excellent prospect on both sides of the ball. As a runner, he reminds us of former Atlanta Falcons RB Jamal Anderson. He's big, thick and very strong with a nice blend of speed, nimble feet and quickness. However, we believe he will end up on defense as a linebacker. Is an athletic and instinctive prospect who will probably end up at the weakside linebacker position. Lacks size but is tough and powerful. At his best vs. the run when he's protected and has room to roam. He has good recognition skills and diagnoses things quickly. He will not take a lot of false steps, and he gets a great jump on most plays. He takes good angles in pursuit. Is quicker than fast but has adequate top-end speed. He shows a closing burst to the ball carrier and is a very sound open-field tackler. Shows good change-of-direction skills and the ability to break down and redirect quickly in space. He has good hip explosion and a very powerful upper body. He will force fumbles as a tackler and has a nose for the ball. Has good range in zone coverage. Possesses the quickness and instincts to cover most backs man to man out of the backfield. Shows very good ball skills. Also shows good instincts and closing burst when turned loose on the blitz. The downside to him is that he isn't very big or tall. Not a lot of frame to work with here. Not sure he would win many battles in a phone booth. Needs to be somewhat protected at the point of attack. Good athlete and football player.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Xavier Stinson the LB??

Xavier Stinson the LB??

Hmmm…

My gut:

DOUBT it…………..
Back to the top

Too short.  Put a tall TE and ask X to cover him would be futile.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

He's got good size but I agree I think he's kinda small to be a LB. Just thought it was interesting

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

??? that would never work
Back to the top
Control functions: