Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

North Carolina

Add topic

Baseball is right around the corner and thought I should spend a little time digging up some info.

The Tar Heels will be coming to town on the the 22nd of February as the #3 team in the Nation, per the CBI National composite poll, #5 Baseball America poll, #2 USA/ESPN poll.

This is a game the marketing department should be HEAVILY advertising and make sure there is a full house that weekend or is that too much to ask for.
Back to the top

Re: North Carolina

Here are some articles, not necessarily having to do with FAU, but more about College baseball in general.

Era of Transfers coming to an end

New start date good for baseball
Back to the top

Here is an overview on North Carolina:

Season Preview of the Tar Heels
Back to the top

yah marketing should be eating this up just like the usf game……All i want is one win out of this series……I think it is important for us to start stong when it comes to attendance, if we can get a few people out to the games that normally dont go show them a good time then they should atleast come back out to a few of the games!

If its a packed house you think we could get the "BLUE" Wave going?
Back to the top

North Carolina

I think marketing will start getting things moving soon. Dexter came over to us last night and asked if we could play at the home opener vs UNC. So we might do it. The band and baseball games, who'da thunk it? lol. We'd only play for maybe the first few innings. The baseball field really isnt the place for a band, but it'd be fun.
Back to the top

i love the band… i believe the band is a key part of college athletics… you make the basketball games 10 times better and WHEN our band grows to hundreds (like major universities) football game experiences will be state of the art..

BUT…….

at baseball games? that ridiculous, lol… that's actually unamerican lol

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Its really not too far out there.  Many schools have pep bands that play at baseball, softball, and volleyball games.  The Dance Team and Cheerleaders should be there too.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

Sorry FAUTuba but I happen to disagree. I love the band as well and I love when they get into the games like they do in football and Basketball. I just don't think we need Dance Team, Cheerleaders and a band at our baseball games. Maybe other schools do that but we're not other schools. I really hate when people use that as an excuse. Why do we have to be like other schools? Let other schools be like us.

Where would you want the Dancers and Cheerleaders to perform on the bottom of the bottom of the bleachers behind home plate? If the Band wants to perform before the game or something I have no problem with that but I don't think baseball needs cheerleaders and a dance team. Sorry just my opinion

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I agree that the ball field isn't the place for the band. I played baseball my whole life and if I looked out and saw the band I'd think that they were at the wrong place or something. But we play where they tell us to play, so we can't do much. I think it'd be funny if we just came out of nowhere in like the bottom of the fourth, played the fight song, or "Lets Go Owls" and then left. That way people would be like, "What the heck was that?" and then forget about it.
Back to the top

I think the "spirit teams" being at the games are a great idea. Usually, most of the people in those bands don't go to the games. That could increase attendance overall if they like what they saw and come back game after game. In addition, it doesn't hurt to have cheer/dance performing inbetween innings on top of the dugouts.

I love the idea and think we should do more of it. Anything to increase attendance would be good.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: