Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rexies get some love from Rex

Add topic

February 12, 2007

Question from Phil
Coach…..past few home games have been great! Do you realize that going into the FIU game we are 7-0 with the new spirit group for alumni, the Sexy Rexies?!?! Not sure if you have noticed them but I think they have been a bit of a good luck charm……

As we get deeper into the season will you look to rest Carlos and some other players before the playoffs, esp. if we seal up a home game?

Thanks and best of luck!

Phil

Response from Head Coach Rex Walters
Phil,
I am well aware of the Sexy Rexies, the Rowdy Rex’s and the Prowlers! Our players and coaches love the support and want to make sure you all have a good time. It is good to see Alums come back and support their school. The Sexy Rexies are also fooling my wife into thinking I still look half way decent (I thank you for that!). I really do appreciate the support and I hope you all are enjoying the way the team is playing. We have come a long way as a team (and still have a ways to go), but I know that the players really feed off of the support in the stands.

Thank you!

Rex Walters

p.s. I would love to give some of our guys some needed rest, but in order to do that, they need to play their minutes HARD!
Back to the top

Re: Rexies get some love from Rex

Interesting to see how Rex's tone has changed in his responds to e-mails now that the team is playing better..

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Glad to see Rex has a good sense of humor

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Ha. at least he answers them truthfully.
Back to the top

i don;t think walters has EVER been rude or mean to a fan on his blog….

am i wrong? someone please show me, if i am… because i haven't seen it

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

haven't been a reader of his blog but he seems like he's a lot calmer this season. Has he even gotten a T yet?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

that would be great to have him get a T for a good reason......i love seeing coaches get fired up!
Back to the top

Rexies get some love from Rex

Jab979 said

haven't been a reader of his blog but he seems like he's a lot calmer this season. Has he even gotten a T yet?

Very beginning of the season, don't remember which game  ???
Back to the top

Jab979 said

definitely…

seasoning comes with experience…

he is on his way to HS status ;)
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

i don;t think walters has EVER been rude or mean to a fan on his blog….

am i wrong? someone please show me, if i am… because i haven't seen it

I didn't mean to imply he was rude or mean to a fan, but he has been blunt about his team with fans and pretty blunt in his responses.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top
Control functions: