Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Clemens on Cooney

Add topic

I remember a few years back FAU baseball was having a fundraising event and the guest speaker was Roger Clemens.  I remember Kevin Cooney writing in his diary about how kind and great Clemens was to the fans and to the FAU baseball team.

I'd be curious what Cooney thinks of Clemens now…

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Re: Clemens on Cooney

Fledgling said

I'd be curious what Cooney thinks of Clemens now…

i havent kept up with this topic too much lately…what is going on now with the potential steroid "scandal"?
Back to the top

Congress has signed Affidavit's from two baseball players, one wife who know Roger Clemens took HGH from trainer Brian McNamee.  Clemens denies it all.  He says Andy Pettitte, a good friend and teammate of Clemens mis-remembers.

Back to the top

Fledgling said

Congress has signed Affidavit's from two baseball players, one wife who know Roger Clemens took HGH from trainer Brian McNamee.  Clemens denies it all.  He says Andy Pettitte, a good friend and teammate of Clemens mis-remembers.

and the glove didnt fit OJ's hand either…

Fact of Life:

If you try and cover something up, rather than be a man and admit wrong doing, you eventually end up paying a greater price the longer it goes…it's like a cancer, and spreads to other parts of the "body" (analogous for one's life)

I'm not saying "he did it", but if it wags it's tail, has fleas, and barks, it's not a platopus…its a dog.
Back to the top

Oh, he did it.  It's his arrogance and legacy that's keeping him from admitting it.

The sad part is, his legacy could've been saved with honesty.

Back to the top

I'm a die hard Yankees fan and even I think he did it. Unfortunately it's a case of he said he said. As long as Clemens keeps denying it there's nothing anyone can do. They can nail him for perjury but not the HGH

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Clemens on Cooney

We're probably better off moving this to the open forum since it's becoming more of a conversation on the hearing then about Cooney

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

We're probably better off moving this to the open forum since it's becoming more of a conversation on the hearing then about Cooney

Back on track:

i dont think Cooney will have any "problem" with the prior affiliation…but he might lose some respect for him as a man…

Kevin is very honorable in character…he doesn't do "liars"…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Jab979 said

Back on track:

i dont think Cooney will have any "problem" with the prior affiliation…but he might lose some respect for him as a man…

Kevin is very honorable in character…he doesn't do "liars"…

Agreed, Cooney is probably upset in some respects.  Maybe he'll write about it.  He spoke very high of him before and after he visited. Anyway, it's an interesting topic to think about and it does deal with FAU baseball.  I didn't post this wanting to hear what people thought about Clemens but what Cooney must be thinking, feeling.  Especially since he commented how Clemens presence and discussions captivated everyone, including Cooney himself.

Back to the top
Control functions: