Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BTBIR III

Add topic

Ted has a blog up and of course hes calling it BTBIWC III (Bury the Burrow in Wrong Color III)

Normally you know me, im on the Blue bandwagon, as thats what the school and HS wants. I have even restrained myself and bought Blue shirts instead of my favorite non-descript gray for football season. So NO one is more in favor of blue being worn then I am.

That being said, I think that BTBIR III SHOULD stay that way and RED be used for this event only. It has momentum and tradition (Something FAU SORELY lacks). No way on earth I want that stalled over what should be the correct color.

I know some dont care and some are adamant. Just throwing it out there as we STILL have this issue.

;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: BTBIR III

owlfamily said

Ted has a blog up and of course hes calling it BTBIWC III (Bury the Burrow in Wrong Color III)

I know some dont care and some are adamant. Just throwing it out there as we STILL have this issue.

;D

at this point, let them show up in underwear…just get 2k+ in the arena!

last year was a BLAST…let's do the same this year!
Back to the top

now that would be funny. I don't know about 2K in the stands but that would be great! We have been playing much better lately and we even got 800 to a game on a Monday night against Longwood. I don't live on campus so I don't know if they've been promoting it but I think we'll get a good number of fans there and we'll be loud and crazy as usual

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

I don't live on campus so I don't know if they've been promoting it

if they spent $650 and put the balloon out front they would pack it out - guaranteed!
Back to the top

BTBIR III

I'm going topless to the game.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

now that would be funny. I don't know about 2K in the stands but that would be great! We have been playing much better lately and we even got 800 to a game on a Monday night against Longwood. I don't live on campus so I don't know if they've been promoting it but I think we'll get a good number of fans there and we'll be loud and crazy as usual

Athletics gave out some flyers at the last game… and they were stamped by Housing and SDA so they could be put up around campus. I assume they're going to do that.

Students are banding together in different ways to promote this… SGA is in the process of planning a BBQ/Pep Rally before the game where they're also hoping to get both Coaches to speak. Some other students (including Student Alumni Association, hopefully) are making banners for the Breezeway, which hopefully will be made on Monday and go up then…. also, myself and some others are working on a decorating project with Traditions Plaza but we need to get the go-ahead from Maintenance because we're probably going to make a bit of a mess.

Damn, I forgot… we have to try to get it up on the Marquee. I'll mention that to SGA tomorrow. Also, maybe we can hand out quarter-flyers or do some other sort of demonstration, like borrow basketballs from Campus Rec and storm down the Breezeway.

So hopefully this will be a big deal. We're trying.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Jab979 said

Athletics gave out some flyers at the last game… and they were stamped by Housing and SDA so they could be put up around campus. I assume they're going to do that.

Students are banding together in different ways to promote this… SGA is in the process of planning a BBQ/Pep Rally before the game where they're also hoping to get both Coaches to speak. Some other students (including Student Alumni Association, hopefully) are making banners for the Breezeway, which hopefully will be made on Monday and go up then…. also, myself and some others are working on a decorating project with Traditions Plaza but we need to get the go-ahead from Maintenance because we're probably going to make a bit of a mess.

Damn, I forgot… we have to try to get it up on the Marquee. I'll mention that to SGA tomorrow. Also, maybe we can hand out quarter-flyers or do some other sort of demonstration, like borrow basketballs from Campus Rec and storm down the Breezeway.

So hopefully this will be a big deal. We're trying.

Sounds like you got it all in check, promote the hell out of the game.Glad to see you're doing your part to get people to the games. If Fledge can make it to the game then everyone else can as well. It's free for students they don't even have to pay for parking if they live on campus. I know the Rexy's/Sexies will be there and will be tailgating. Unless your name is Jay Warman you are all welcome to stop by say hi, grab some food and chill out before the game starts.

I can't wait for this game it will be a lot of fun as most of the FIU games are in any sport

Back to the top

owlcountry said

SGA is in the process of planning a BBQ/Pep Rally before the game where they're also hoping to get both Coaches to speak.

just a suggestion:

have the food AT the games before hand…….

always worked for me…

hundreds extra…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

owlcountry said

SGA is in the process of planning a BBQ/Pep Rally before the game where they're also hoping to get both Coaches to speak.

just a suggestion:

always worked for me…

hundreds extra…

A good thought, definitely, and I'll suggest it to them (that part is not my project). That being said, I'm pretty sure they're trying to do the BBQ at the Housing Pit. If you're thinking people will just come down for the food and leave without ever actually going to the game… well, I am thinking that too.

I actually think it should be in the Burrow parking lot as a mini-tailgate of sorts but I'll see what I can do.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Florida_Owl said

owlcountry said

just a suggestion:

always worked for me…

hundreds extra…

A good thought, definitely, and I'll suggest it to them (that part is not my project). That being said, I'm pretty sure they're trying to do the BBQ at the Housing Pit. If you're thinking people will just come down for the food and leave without ever actually going to the game… well, I am thinking that too.

I actually think it should be in the Burrow parking lot as a mini-tailgate of sorts but I'll see what I can do.

It should definitely be in the burrow parking lot. No one is going to walk over to the BBQ pits to get food and then walk all the way over to the Burrow. I know the Sexy/Rowdy are tailgating like we usually do for a weekend game but there should be something to keep the fans at the Burrow, we don't want them leaving.

Another idea would be to set up a table outside with merchandise (ie: Red Shirts) and any N.O. Bowl stuff the school still has, any replica BBall/Football jerseys they you may have. I know they sell that stuff inside but if you put it outside those fans who haven't seen the new gym may not know it's inside

Back to the top
Control functions: