Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Memphis-UAB Game aftermath

Add topic

Not sure if anyone saw what happened after Memphis BARELY beat UAB on Sat.night the UAB fans showered the Memphis players with beer, food, obscenities.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3250920

"C-USA officials investigating what happened after Memphis-UAB game"

"We are currently in the process of gathering all the information about the actions occurring at the conclusion of Saturday night's Memphis-UAB game," the league said in a statement. "We have been in contact with administrators at both UAB and Memphis.

"Sportsmanship and the well-being of our student-athletes, staff and fans are among our highest priorities."

OK so I have a question… how come when this happens during a Memphis/UAB basketball a full investigation is launched and they're concerned about the well being of fans? Yet when ULM started yelling and cursing at us and if not for the cops, would have gotten WAY out of hand, nothing is discussed. Not even a slap on the wrist for ULM or a stern warning from Wright Waters that, that type of behavior won't be tolerated, but because Memphis is # 1 in the nation what a travesty for something like this to happen.

I don't know if it's C-USA sticking up for it's teams and the fans or just another example of the Sunbelt just not caring enough and not paying attention to what goes on.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Memphis-UAB Game aftermath

It's up to the conference whether or not they want to investigate such issues.
Back to the top

Tebow said

It's up to the conference whether or not they want to investigate such issues.

Guess that's what happens when you play in the Sun Belt… thanks for the info

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Memphis-UAB Game aftermath

where's Bossman to ring in on this one??
Back to the top

Also, because our game wasn't on a national stage like Memphis is being #1 in the country, a lot less eyes were on our game.  It would've taken Brogan or HS to report such behavior to the conference.

Apparently, they didn't do that.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top
Control functions: