Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Lets hear it for the band!!!!

Add topic

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Re: Lets hear it for the band!!!!

Small in numbers, but they do a great job at both the football & basketball games to enhance the game time atmoshpere.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

At basketball games they sit right behind the basket and we can hear them chanting and yelling from where we sit in the bleachers. The band deserves Sexy Rexies T-Shirts lol.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Bytor said

Small in numbers, but they do a great job at both the football & basketball games to enhance the game time atmoshpere.

Go Owls!!

They do an AMAZING job.
How often do people come up and ask to join? Do they ever solicit applicants in the Breezeway? It would be nice to have 100 members for the 2008 football season… I know they have ~75 now…
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Bytor said

Go Owls!!

They do an AMAZING job.
How often do people come up and ask to join? Do they ever solicit applicants in the Breezeway? It would be nice to have 100 members for the 2008 football season… I know they have ~75 now…

Maybe about…3 people come up and ask about joining each year, if that. I'm probably going to put up flyers for drumline auditions in the breezeway when it gets closer to April when we have them. Kappa Kappa Psi (the band fraternity) is in the breezeway during certain times but I dont think that they get many recruits to the band from that.

I saw that video a couple months ago. It's kind of cool and really nice that someone would make it, its nice to know that we are appreciated,lol. I was planning on making a video from this past season, but I just have so much footage and I only have my lap top which is a couple years old, so getting the footage on my computer is a pain and its just a slow process.
Back to the top

Do what you gotta do man! Without a band so much is lost from the game!
Back to the top

Lets hear it for the band!!!!

FAUfasho said

owlcountry said

Bytor said

Go Owls!!

They do an AMAZING job.

Maybe about…3 people come up and ask about joining each year, if that. I'm probably going to put up flyers for drumline auditions in the breezeway when it gets closer to April when we have them. Kappa Kappa Psi (the band fraternity) is in the breezeway during certain times but I dont think that they get many recruits to the band from that.

I saw that video a couple months ago. It's kind of cool and really nice that someone would make it, its nice to know that we are appreciated,lol. I was planning on making a video from this past season, but I just have so much footage and I only have my lap top which is a couple years old, so getting the footage on my computer is a pain and its just a slow process.

A hurdle may be the perception that the band is only for music majors.

I wonder if people understand that the band is not just for music majors; in fact, IIRC, 80% of the band ARE NOT music majors.
Back to the top

I'm sure that alot of people don't even know we HAVE a band. Again, just like with everything else at FAU, its just going to take time for us to grow and we just have to keep working hard at what we do. Hopefully next year the numbers will be better. One thing that is sort of hindering interest is the fact that most high school marching bands are involved in HEAVY competition and they take it VERY seriously. There's no competeting in college and its alot more laid back, alot of kids that come from the more serious atmosphere don't like learning a new show for every game or the fact that we don't compete.
Back to the top

our band needs to be twice as big.... in New Orleans Memphis looked like they had an army ready to defeat persia.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

Okay Fasho– sign me up! I need to dust off the baritone horn and go back to school and get another degree.  ;D

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: