Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU fans behavior exposed

Add topic

Seems like the fans are getting a bad reputation at Midmajority.com, this is not the kind of thing we need out there.

Marcus' blog

(Kyle) Whelliston had some very interesting opinions on FAU, the Sun Belt and scheduling for mid-majors. But his entry today is a must-read for FAU fans (and likely some administrators), concerning some of the things coming out of the student section - words, T-shirts, etc. I could never print some of the things I heard since The Palm Beach Post is a family newspaper, but Whelliston did! It’s an interesting read to say the least.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Re: FAU fans behavior exposed

LOL, wow thats grossly wrong…..but made for good reading.  I hope no one goes off since….hmmm everyone cheers the same thing at football games, with the exception of Jay Sucks.

This was the 1st game that language got a little out of hand and that i think was due to the amount of students that showed up that were not regulars.

I am sure there are similar articles out there about the Duke, UNC, and even the loved UF fans.

As for the shirts (not my idea, but i had one), they were a one game deal, and as for the Jay Sucks…..well that freedom of speech, just like everyone on here can say how classes it was to wear them or throw them (which by the way i still have mine)

THIS IS GREAT IN MY OPINION…….for the simple fact of the last line in his article….

"Never underestimate a Sun Belt rivalry."

Back to the top

Where exactly does he talk about it on the site?
Back to the top

bman8316 said

Where exactly does he talk about it on the site?

There's a link to the article in Marcus' blog entry.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

FAU fans behavior exposed

The people that were using the language were not regulars.  Personally I think anyone that goes to the games routinely would know the difference between some of the fans that were there last night and the Rexies that continually go to the games.  When you get a group of people together you are always going to have a few people that give the rest of the group a bad reputation.  Please do not group us all by the actions of a few.  I know for a fact that I was not proud of the way a few acted during the game.  However I do know that I am proud to be a Sexy Rexy  and most importantly proud to be an Owl.
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

LOL, wow thats grossly wrong…..but made for good reading.  I hope no one goes off since….hmmm everyone cheers the same thing at football games, with the exception of Jay Sucks.

So did he ever say anything to you guys with the Jay Sucks shirts? You guys saw him at the media table, right?
Back to the top

I have to give Jay credit he came over to our tailgate before hand and took all the abuse that the fans were yelling at him and did not say a word as far as I know
Back to the top

Hmm. You know after reading that article he makes the burrow sound like an intimidating place to come in and play at.  Which in reality is just humorous.  Whatever, Ive seen worst at ACC and SEC games. 
Back to the top

Just stop with chanting the "F" word PLEASE.  Not only is it way over the top it's childish

Other than that…Have Fun!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I jokingly said to Walty at the game that if we're gonna be so bad at basketball we should strive to have the most offensive, awful fans in the league, at least we'd be known for something! We could lose the whole "take your family to the burrow" image and make it more like a biker bar, with smoking inside, draft beer and hate.  ;D

I hardly think that anything that came out of the student section was close to bad, though the shirt throwing bit at the end was a bit lame. I guess covering the Midmajors all the time doesn't really give you a real good view of some fanaticism. I'm sure you've seen this this…but just in case:

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Redirecting
Back to the top
Control functions: