Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NEW - Stadium Pictures

Add topic

Re: NEW - Stadium Pictures

El said

So if they put the home side on the East, is the scorching Florida sun going to be in loyal Owl Fans' eyes?  Or will it be askance and not bad?  Hopefully, the home side will be on the West, like Lockhart student section.  South endzone would be nice.  Open endzone in North makes good sense.

I thought about this because at Lockhart the East endzone is in full glare at those 4pm games.  It's good when idiots like USF fans have to stare into the sun, but the home side ought to be out o' the sun.

*Sigh*

the stadium in laid out north-northwest to south-southeast…homeside on the west…visitor on the EAST…….

Open endzone is on the south-southeast side…

(predominant breeze during football season)

;)

Back to the top

they better rethink the fountain outfront, unless they plan on plucking people out of it all the time...

Peyton
Back to the top

Peyton77 said

they better rethink the fountain outfront, unless they plan on plucking people out of it all the time…

shh!  8)
Back to the top

They added some stuff to the Innovation Village site, like a map

FAU - FAU Innovation Village - Map

It clarifies that the Convocation Center (isn't that like the Barry Kaye Auditorium, not a new basketball arena) is to the left of the stadium plus the parking and retail will be combined.

I'm not so sure about retail on the bottom floor of a parking garage (?) but ehh.

They've added captions under the pictures as well. On the stadium shot where someone is catching the ball in the endzone, it says, "Since there will be no running track encircling the field, the stands will be closer to the action. FAU Stadium will be an intimate venue that allows all 30,000 fans to enjoy an up-close and personal experience."

I know someone had a question about that. It says here their goal is to "Bring FAU Football home in 2010 to FAU Stadium on the Boca Raton campus before a sell-out, standing-room-only crowd of 30,000 fans as the Owls host Michigan State"

Let's hope so.
Back to the top

Anyone know if the donors for the Head Coach and Director of Athletics Suites were already named or if they are new?  $100,000 a piece is pretty good.

FAU - Stadium

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

owlcountry said

They added some stuff to the Innovation Village site, like a map

FAU - FAU Innovation Village - Map

It clarifies that the Convocation Center (isn't that like the Barry Kaye Auditorium, not a new basketball arena) is to the left of the stadium plus the parking and retail will be combined.

I'm not so sure about retail on the bottom floor of a parking garage (?) but ehh.

They've added captions under the pictures as well. On the stadium shot where someone is catching the ball in the endzone, it says, "Since there will be no running track encircling the field, the stands will be closer to the action. FAU Stadium will be an intimate venue that allows all 30,000 fans to enjoy an up-close and personal experience."

I know someone had a question about that. It says here their goal is to "Bring FAU Football home in 2010 to FAU Stadium on the Boca Raton campus before a sell-out, standing-room-only crowd of 30,000 fans as the Owls host Michigan State"

Let's hope so.

Convocation Center is a fancy name for a performing arts facility that will definitely include a basketball court. However, I believe that if it can be shown to have uses beyond athletics it may be able to be funded differently (let's hope). I think having the retail on the ground floor of the parking is a great use of space.

It looks like they are trying to build a great football facility, not one with room for a soccer field. Maybe they are angling to get the proposed bowl game and some of the larger high school games there as well.
Back to the top

It looks like they are trying to build a great football facility, not one with room for a soccer field. Maybe they are angling to get the proposed bowl game and some of the larger high school games there as well.

I sent a message to Craig Angelos suggesting this on the "ask the AD". I though it would make sense since they would get more use out of the stadium other than just 6 football games a year. He said that was an issue being considered.

I hope the funding comes in quickly. I know it is looking more like 2010 but if the next batch of recruits can at least see some building going on it will help.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

NEW - Stadium Pictures

Has anyone seen the brochures for the new stadium.  When are they going to start fundraising?
Back to the top

alum79 said

Has anyone seen the brochures for the new stadium.  When are they going to start fundraising?

*cricket sounds*

***ribbit***
Back to the top

Lm77 said

Convocation Center is a fancy name for a performing arts facility that will definitely include a basketball court.

I talked to several people about it, including Brian Kientz, manager of the Student Union. He has been approached about running it and he said he's not sure how exactly it will be managed at this point.

However, he did say it's definitely not for basketball; it's for large events, like conventions, and it could potentially hold concerts as well. The revenue it generates will go to support the stadium. The plan is to open it in 2010 with everything else up there.

It's unfortunate because I too was hoping it would be for basketball. Like Angelos, I believe you should build for the future if you have the financial opportunity to do so. We only average 500 fans? Okay, but a more professional arena would draw better recruits, which would create more wins, which would draw more fans, etc and put us in a better position to move out of the SBC.

Anyway, did you guys see all the cool stuff they put up in the Burrow? The giant Owl and the Wall of Fame and stuff. Looked really nice the other night.
Back to the top
Control functions: