Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Angelos staying put

Add topic

Marcus blogs that Craig Angelos didn't get the Mississippi State job…

Angelos staying put

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Re: Angelos staying put

CanadianOwl said

Marcus blogs that Craig Angelos didn't get the Mississippi State job…

Angelos staying put

He's gotta be pissed…
Back to the top

From the Article–"I know Angelos is hungry and clearly wouldn’t mind moving up the ladder if the right job comes along, but it’s a good thing he is staying to help with the stadium project. Once that is completed, however, I believe his resume is going to look pretty good to some big time schools who will come calling."

I dont care if Angelos become the AD for the entire planet of Mars, just get that stadium built.  My question is…why would you want to leave with all the supposed "great things" that are going on at FAU.  Besides that…Starkville, Mississippi?  Cmon.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

"…his resume is going to look pretty good to some big time schools who will come calling."

call away…….

Back to the top

walty12 said

My question is…why would you want to leave with all the supposed "great things" that are going on at FAU.  Besides that…Starkville, Mississippi?  Cmon.

An SEC school with more money, more resources, more prestige, more fan support. You don't think the Mississippi State job is a step up?

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

CanadianOwl said

walty12 said

My question is…why would you want to leave with all the supposed "great things" that are going on at FAU.  Besides that…Starkville, Mississippi?  Cmon.

An SEC school with more money, more resources, more prestige, more fan support. You don't think the Mississippi State job is a step up?

I understand your point.  I agree that FAU is behind Miss State is all of those things.  However, Starkville is a long way from anything relevant, and Mississippi is probably one of the last 5 states I would want to live in.  My point was why would Angelos want to leave if he thinks FAU is going to make the strides that he talks about and then get all the credit for it?  Miss State is not that prestigous.

Back to the top

Again I ask why FAU has a double standard. It fired a band director for simply applying for bigger job at a Big 10 school, yet looks the other way in this continuing effort by Angelos to leave FAU.

The former fund-raising czar job hunted all over the place and then left for a half-million dollars in his wallet.

Angelos has been great for FAU and I wish him the best. Really. But if he really wants to leave, move up or whatever, he should just move on and let FAU name someone who will agree to be here for the long run.
Back to the top

Angelos staying put

walty12 said

Same reason why June Jones left Hawaii.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Fledgling said

walty12 said

Same reason why June Jones left Hawaii.

I dont think June Jones and Craig Angelos are on the same level.  In fact, what do you mean by what you said?

Back to the top

MONEY, BUDGET, NO LONGER HAVING TO PUSH A BOULDER UP A HILL.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top
Control functions: