Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

depth

Add topic

J. Parmer 34 3-9 1-2 10-11 2 7 1 1 1 0 3 17
 C. Monroe 36 6-13 0-0 9-12 1 17 1 3 2 0 3 21
 S. Alarcon 19 0-2 0-2 1-2 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1
 C. Nwoji 35 4-10 0-3 6-6 1 3 2 2 0 0 3 14
 S. Hughley 21 2-5 1-3 0-0 0 2 0 2 3 0 1 5
 D. Simmons 6 0-1 0-1 0-0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0
 X. Perkins 26 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 1 1 2 0 0 2 0
 B. Royster 2 1-1 0-0 0-0 0 1 0 0 0 0 5 2
 S. Hernandez 3 0-1 0-0 0-0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
 P. Graham 18 2-9 1-2 10-12 0 2 1 2 0 0 1 15

Looking at these stats makes it a bit scary that not one younger guy is stepping up. monroe and graham stepped up as sophmores big time. hugley and perkins are sophmores (red shirt whatever, there freaking sophmores) and there not doing a thing.  there really isn't a replacement for parmer at this point. it will be solid with sutton coming in but its going to suck if it takes him and pena till february to get in sync like nwoji has. Is there much of an opinion of who's going to start nexy year? monroe, graham, nwoji….. I'm guessing sutton and perkins/hugley? Is a guy like Pena good enough to step in and play right away?
is there a chance that owens can come back?  
Back to the top

Re: depth

Exit39 said

it will be solid with sutton coming in but its going to suck if it takes him and pena till february to get in sync like nwoji has

?

ill pretend you didnt just say that…

Perkins and Hughley:

it's clear that they will need more developmental time…Perkins especially…he's having hard time breaking his HS ways - BIGTIME.

Hughley just needs to stick to driving…whatever the outcome, i think you can rest assured Holley and Graham will see significant minutes next year…

Yes, DONT FORGET ABOUT HOLLEY.
Back to the top

Royster has shown glimmers of talent too, im not so worried about the age or depth of the team
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

Royster has shown glimmers of talent too, im not so worried about the age or depth of the team

he has to develop offensively…not there yet…but he's playing some very good defense at times!
Back to the top

I think Royster will turn into a great player. He's already playing some pretty good D (when he's not in foul trouble). For some reason, I just like his game, I'm excited to see how he progresses. I think he needs to play with a little bit more confidence, he seems sort of unsure of himself at times. I like that he's not afraid to take it to the hoop and dunk it, we really don't have anyone like that. I wish he was alittle bit bigger though, so he could really dominate inside like C-los.
Back to the top

depth

really? It took Nwoji awhile to get in sync. I'm happy for him and the team now but realistically we lost a lot of bad games in the begining of the season. Our RPI is still in the 200's.
we've done much better as of late but we still aren't having a great season.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

I'm happy for him and the team now but realistically we lost a lot of bad games in the begining of the season.

check out SOME of those "bad games" though, and i think you will agree they are solid teams…

CSU is a bubble team…Stetson is having their best season in like 20 years (even though we beat them, and everyone scoffed at the "narrow victory")…URI is 20-8…Kansas, well, enough said…

we're still on the up swing!

1 of 2 remianing games, and we should lock a home game for the first round…

looks like it will be either UD or UNO…
Back to the top
Control functions: