Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Spring Camp

for any of you owlcoholics, prowlers, and diehard fau football fans…

Pro Day is this Thursday;

spring practice will begin March 26th;

and scrimmages have been scheduled for:

April 5th
    April 12th
    April 19th

and by the way, Quote To Note:  “With the continued development of our young football team, I’m convinced it is time to leave behind the idea of ‘advanced training games’ starting with Texas. I’m confident we can measure up to the level of the Longhorns.”—FAU coach Howard Schnellenberger on opening the 2008 season at Texas.

juggernaut-

-juggernaut
Back to the top

Re: Spring Camp

Howard is, and always has been, a man of his word…he doesnt say something unless he truly believes it…

Great quote!

Get ready…
Back to the top

Question: Is it preferable to those who have gone to more than a few spring games that it be held on the track field or on the oxley field?

Personally, I kind of liked the ox better. Fans were able to get closer to the action back then but at the track field there is of course a track in the way as well as the sidelines.
Back to the top

I heard UM's spring practice started today. How come ours is so late?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Spring Camp

Juggernaut said

for any of you owlcoholics, prowlers, and diehard fau football fans…

Pro Day is this Thursday;

spring practice will begin March 26th;

and scrimmages have been scheduled for:

April 5th
     April 12th
     April 19th

and by the way, Quote To Note:   “With the continued development of our young football team, I’m convinced it is time to leave behind the idea of ‘advanced training games’ starting with Texas. I’m confident we can measure up to the level of the Longhorns.”—FAU coach Howard Schnellenberger on opening the 2008 season at Texas.

juggernaut-

All scrimmages will be at the track, right? Or behind the Oxley? And what time will they be?

It's a shame we won't see Xavier Stinson but we'll get to see some of the new kids, right?
Back to the top

Last checked there is a football field behind oxley, why would they move it to the track?

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Fledgling said

Last checked there is a football field behind oxley, why would they move it to the track?

They play there from time to time for various reasons, especially if they think people are going to come out.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Fledgling said

They play there from time to time for various reasons, especially if they think people are going to come out.

True, I think they held the 2007 FanFest and last years spring game there.

owlfamily said

I heard UM's spring practice started today. How come ours is so late?

FAU does go through spring very late in comparison to other schools. I know others, such as next years first game opponent, have been on the field for about a week. Who knows, maybe HS wants the team to practice when it really heats up such as in april.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

It's a shame we won't see Xavier Stinson but we'll get to see some of the new kids, right?

No, they wont report until Fall…

Fledgling said

All scrimmages will be at the Oxley as it is planned at present…however, that is subject to change at Howards discretion, etc…

But the Spring Game/Fan Fest will be at the Track…
Back to the top

They started playing at the Track only last year, starting with the Spring game & then FanFest.

All other scrimmages will be at the Oxley, as usual.
Back to the top
Control functions: