Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Thread: FAU vs Troy 02-28-08

Add topic

Here are the links for tonights game:

WMEN 640AM - Radio Braodcast: FAU vs Troy, 8:30pm

Chat Room CLOSED

Back to the top

Re: Game Thread: FAU vs Troy

Very important game tonigth, even though Troy is only 4-12 it still remains a road game for the Owls who have struggled to register W's as road warriors.  This is a must win game if we want to host.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Bytor said

Very important game tonigth, even though Troy is only 4-12 it still remains a road game for the Owls who have struggled to register W's as road warriors.  This is a must win game if we want to host.

Go Owls!!

Actually, its not:

If we go 2-0, we lock regardless of what everyone else does…

If we go 1-1, then Denver must go 1-1 or 0-2, and FIU must go 0-2, or we lose the 8th seed to FIU due to losing to them 2 times…

If we go 0-2, then FIU must go 0-2, and Denver must go 0-2 for us to still host the First Round…

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Bytor said

Go Owls!!

Actually, its not:

If we go 2-0, we lock regardless of what everyone else does…

If we go 1-1, then Denver must go 1-1 or 0-2, and FIU must go 0-2, or we lose the 8th seed to FIU due to losing to them 2 times…

If we go 0-2, then FIU must go 0-2, and Denver must go 0-2 for us to still host the First Round…

If we want to control our own destiny as far as hosting, I think tonights is a big game, Western will be a tougher game to win, so tonight remains a very important for us.

There is one other Belt game on tonight (I had it listed as tomorrow night  :-[ and that is WKU vs FIU, 7:30pm
Back to the top

No doubt…just saying we dont have to win to host ;)

Looks like Troy will go small tonight…

Look for Senior Forward Acker to be renamed "Hacker"…

Los should have a big night tonight…

Now we need JP and Graham to do the same, and this one should be a nice flight home back to Boca for the boys…

Denver could win tommorow night…so we need to get this one out of the way…
Back to the top

FIU is on 95.3 FM if the signal is strong enough to pick up around here, and anyone wants to keep tabs...
Back to the top

It is also on the channel that we played Western Kentucky on im watching now score is 9-5 WKU 14:34left in 1st half
Back to the top

FAU Visits for Senior Night Tilt

Courtesy: Troy Athletics
Release: 02/26/2008

After four months of work and sweat, the Troy University men’s basketball team will play its final home game of the 2007-08 season on Wednesday night.

The Trojans (11-16, 4-12) will entertain the Owls of Florida Atlantic (13-16, 7-9) at 7:30 p.m. The game will be the last at Trojan Arena for four Troy seniors – guards O’Darien Bassett and Jerome Odem and forwards Justin Jonus and Jarvis Acker.

“It’s a tough night for me,” Trojans coach Don Maestri said. “We are always happy to honor the senior players, but we are also sad to see them leave. I can say that it has been a pleasure for me to coach these four guys. They have gone through some tough times over the last two years, have been through some heart-breaking losses, but they always come back ready to work the next day.

“I have always been impressed with the work ethic these guys have displayed. It is easy to come to work when things are going well, but to continue to battle when things are tough says a lot about a person’s character.”

In addition to being senior night, the game is extremely important for FAU, which is coming off a win over Middle Tennessee, and needs another victory to secure a first round Sun Belt Conference Tournament game at home.

“FAU is playing very well and is coming off a big win, but they have to have this win to play that first tournament game at home,” Maestri said. “We know that we are going on the road for that first game, so the focus for us is to play well and to shoot the ball better.”

The Trojans snapped a five-game losing streak on Saturday night with a 66-59 victory over Florida International, but still struggled to shoot the ball, hitting a season-low five three-pointers in the game.

“Even though we didn’t shoot the ball well, that was the first game where we have played well in a while,” Maestri said. “We played good defensively and we really hustled.”

Against the Owls, the key to earning a second straight win will be in controlling junior forward Carlos Monroe. The All-Sun Belt performer is averaging 15.8 points and 9.3 rebounds per game this year. The Owls also play at a higher tempo than FIU did, which will be a more exciting game to watch.

“This should be a very exciting game for our fans for a lot of reasons,” Maestri said. “FAU has a lot at stake and they play at a faster tempo, which is what we like to do as well. We just want to try to play well to give these seniors a good memory of their final game here.”

Following Wednesday’s game, the Trojans will close the regular season on Saturday night at Middle Tennessee. Troy will likely not know where it’s first round Sun Belt Tournament game will be until after the game on Saturday. Entering play this week there are five teams within one game of each other in the standings and the Trojans could square off with any of the five.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Game Thread: FAU vs Troy 02-28-08

looks like this should be an easy W. up seven at the line and totally controlling the game. i was listening for ten minutes and i didn't hear carlos's name once, a great thing, meaning the rest of the team is stepping up and playing well. rosyter playing great d and perkins hitting a 3. time to get hot!!!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: