Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SBC Scenarios

Add topic

Big road win last night!

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but with 8 wins, we can lock up at least the #8 seed and host a game as long as Denver loses 1 of it's last 2 games(both are road games), or we beat WKU on Saturday.  Denver can wrap it up for us tonight with a loss on the road against ASU, a team battling for the #1 seed out West.  Even if that happens, beating WKU would be a huge win and could possibly move us into a higher seed with a 9th Belt win.  It hasn't been pretty this year, but who would have thought we would be talking about hosting a game the way this season began? GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Re: SBC Scenarios

fauowls44 said

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but with 8 wins, we can lock up at least the #8 seed and host a game as long as Denver loses 1 of it's last 2 games(both are road games), or we beat WKU on Saturday.  Denver can wrap it up for us tonight with a loss on the road against ASU, a team battling for the #1 seed out West.  Even if that happens, beating WKU would be a huge win and could possibly move us into a higher seed with a 9th Belt win.  It hasn't been pretty this year, but who would have thought we would be talking about hosting a game the way this season began? GO OWLS!

correct…if UD loses tonight we lock the 8th seed…

However, to move up, UNO will either have to lose both of thier games (very possible)…if they win one of thier remianing games, we would need to win saturday to move up to the seventh seed…

At this point, that really doesnt benefit us any…because we will either play UD or UNO…FIU (oh would really love for that to happen again!) deosnt appear to be in the mix at 6-11 and a probable losee again this saturday…but if they do win, then we could host them if we move up…

Alot of angles, we will know ALOT more after tonights SBC West games!

Go Owls!

Back to the top

Just win.  Save the math for your checkbook.  :-*

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Fledgling said

Just win.  Save the math for your checkbook.  :-*

ill remind you of this when you write a three paragraph post about the fact that baseball needs to win a specific game or two at the end of the season to gain good seeding…

;) ;D
Back to the top

Well, since you brought that up… If the baseball team is as bad as the basketball team, I definitely won't waste time calculating seeding considering they won't have a prayer in the conference tournament.

Either way, I'd appreciate a reality check if that happens.

Back to the top

SBC Scenarios

Fledgling said

Well, since you brought that up… If the baseball team is as bad as the basketball team,

im passionate about my team…

no harm in that…ill support wether 0-31 or 31-0 and wont throw them under the bus or stop writing or talking just because of a record…

and if they (the baseball team) were in that situation, and you poasted on it, why would i ask you to "wake up to reality" and disrupt the joy and persoanl excitment you felt as a result of the circumstances?

when they have a chance to host a 1st round home game., im going to continue to post, and have fun with it…

BUT:

if thats "bad" in your eyes, then i would nt even want to consider your perspective on "very bad"…or "terrible"…

sorry, not following you on that…
Back to the top

calculate all you want…..who cares

I just want to win  and play a game in the burrow on March 5th

I sort-a hope it isnt FIU, their big men are just too much for C-Los down low.

Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

calculate all you want…..who cares

I just want to win  and play a game in the burrow on March 5th

I sort-a hope it isnt FIU, their big men are just too much for C-Los down low.

I want it to be FIU, beating them in the tournament would erase their two regular season victories.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Fledgling said

Well, since you brought that up… If the baseball team is as bad as the basketball team,

im passionate about my team…

no harm in that…ill support wether 0-31 or 31-0 and wont throw them under the bus or stop writing or talking just because of a record…

and if they (the baseball team) were in that situation, and you poasted on it, why would i ask you to "wake up to reality" and disrupt the joy and persoanl excitment you felt as a result of the circumstances?

when they have a chance to host a 1st round home game., im going to continue to post, and have fun with it…

BUT:

if thats "bad" in your eyes, then i would nt even want to consider your perspective on "very bad"…or "terrible"…

sorry, not following you on that…

First off I never told you to "wake up to reality" I said "I would appreciate a reality check", never instructed you to get one of your own.

The baseball tournament is a lot more difficult than the men's basketball is. Don't believe me? Check out where Sun Belt baseball has ranked over the years, better yet look at the cajuns.  They were in the big show.

When did I say it was bad to calculate? I offered an opinon.  And my OPINION continued is that all we can do is win, the rest is out of our hands.

Take a deep breath…

Back to the top

Why is this even an argument?  We are all Owls fans.  Playing a tourney game at home is important for the school.  It will likely draw the season's biggest crowd, which means more ticket revenue, more parking money, more merchandise sales, and more money for the athletics department as a whole.  Regardless of whether you prefer to watch baseball or basketball, getting that extra game on campus is good for everyone.  ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: