Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sun-Belt Articles - Baseball

From the Advertiser:

UL to unveil 2008 team at fan day

Back to the top

Re: Sun-Belt Articles - Baseball

From the News Star:

Blog: Paul Letlow

A SHORT HOP FOR ULM'S NICK WADE

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Troy blasted Rhode Island 9-2 in the inaugural game at the new Pace Riddle Field. The new facility features a green monster, outfield student section, locker rooms, workout rooms, offices, practice facilities, video scoreboard, artificial turf that will immediately drain from almost any rain, and more. It is said to be one of the best in the Southeast.

http://www.troytrojans.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17200&ATCLID=1395475

Back to the top

BMarkey said

Troy blasted Rhode Island 9-2 in the inaugural game at the new Pace Riddle Field. The new facility features a green monster, outfield student section, locker rooms, workout rooms, offices, practice facilities, video scoreboard, artificial turf that will immediately drain from almost any rain, and more. It is said to be one of the best in the Southeast.

http://www.troytrojans.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17200&ATCLID=1395475

I am sure its a great facility, and I would really like to see pictures of it if it is indeed thought of as the best in the Southeast.  I know of some amazing baseball facilities here in the southeast (Georgia Tech, Georgia, LSU, Lafayette) and UNC is going to get a beautiful new stadium. If Troy tops them all, I'd be very surprised.

Here's FSU's stadium:

From the outside:

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Troy's New Baseball Stadium doesn't look near that good. In the defense of the original poster, he did say "one of the best" which I agree with. It really is nice, just not as nice as FSU's. It's not really finished yet either. There's still some work to be done on the exterior of the stadium facing the street.
Back to the top

Sun-Belt Articles - Baseball

Right, one of the best, I understood it as such.  But, I think the SE has some amazing stadiums, so if Troy's rivals any of them I would love to see it.

I posted FSU because that was just one example.  Lafayette's stadium is also nice. 

Back to the top

If I can find some pictures, I'd be glad to share them with you guys. I may even take a few myself. I'm not all that impressed with it, but like I said before, it is nice and it's certainly an upgrade from what it was before. The big thing I think they should have done is expand the the number of seats, which they have not, it still seats the same number.
Back to the top

Hey, we have nothing to brag about in terms of our stadium.  It sounds nice, I'd like to see it.  Thanks for willing to share!

Back to the top
Control functions: