Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Next year's starters

What do you think about next years starters.  Does anyone think that there will be any changes with our starters.  Also who do you think will be replacing Jarrid Smith, Cerg Sincere, Bartels and Acevedo.
Back to the top

Re: Next year's starters

Rod Huggins will be in for either Acevedo, or Bartels IMO...
Back to the top

barring any injuries, i forsee:

kevin miller moving into right guard and dave matlock moving back to left guard (his natural position that he swapped with jarrid smith due to injury;

cardayle brantley at FS, and possibly greg joseph or rod huggins as SS, if they stick with a 4-3.

oh yeah, and that WIL LB is up for grabs by the meanest guy we can find!

-juggernaut
Back to the top

Juggernaut said

if they stick with a 4-3.

do you think they would go to anything else as a base D??

i dont recall HS ever using a different defense, except in game situationals…
Back to the top

Next year's starters

for the spring I think it'll be important to watch the OL as well as the safeties

OL: one starter graduated and another out due to surgery (matlock), so for spring someone who wasn't getting a lot of reps with the number ones will be in there regardless. we'll see how much they improve, which I think will happen more towards the end of spring

SS and FS: Huggins, I dont think he'll get the first opportunity because Brantley and Joesph have been there for years and both have starting experience. It'll be interesting to say the least to see how it shakes out through spring.

PS: for a time in 05 they used a 3-4 but that was due to injury on the DL. also sparingly in 06 but not really in 07. 08 for sure going to be 4-3
Back to the top
Control functions: