Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Eastern Michigan Game 2 thread...

Add topic

Eastern Michigan Game 2 thread...

FAU wins 5-2.  Solid effort from Mickey Storey as Eastern Michigan started hard throwing Kevin Sikora.  FAU gave up two unearned runs in the first inning, then battled back to tie it up before Mike McKenna hit a 3-run HR to the deepest part of the park in the bottom of the 8th innning.

The Good:

- Mickey Storey.  7 IP  8 hits  0 ER  0 BB  6 K's.  He's back!

- Mike McKenna.  Finished 2-for-4 HR, 2 runs and 3 RBI.  Bumps his season batting average to .462. Made a nice sliding catch in right field as well.

- Thomas Hatcher.  Clutch RBI single in the sixth inning.

The Bad:

- Alex Silversmith.  Failed to get a bunt down in a crucial time.

- William Block (.208 BA). Made some fantastic plays in the field but seems to be pressing at the plate. 2 k's.

The Ugly:

- Nick Melendres. Pitched well enough to win, but 3 walks in the 9th!?! Come on already

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Re: Eastern Michigan Game 2 thread...

It was great to see Mickey Storey pitch so well-no walks and no earned runs.  Too bad he couldnt get the win tonight he really deserved it.  I gotta say Coach Cooney had some guts leaving Melendres in after he walked the bases loaded in the Ninth inning-I would have definitely yanked him.  Thank goodness everything worked out!
Back to the top

Yeah, I agree. Cooney let's our pitchers hang over the edge a little bit and let's them try to work out of tough spots.  Gotta be a good thing for our pitchers to know Cooney has full confidence in them.

But it is agonizing to watch!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

In the past it also seems that cooney likes to see what the pitchers can do under all situations at the beginning of the season.  Later on in the year I believe he would have pulled the pitcher if he walked the bases loaded.
Back to the top
Control functions: