Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Conference rankings.

Couretsy of the Mean Green Board…

11. Sun Belt - The league took a monster step forward last year with Troy shocking Oklahoma State, Florida Atlantic beating Minnesota and Memphis, and in one of the biggest upsets in an upset-filled season, UL Monroe stunning Alabama. Troy, Florida Atlantic and Middle Tennessee will be strong, while North Texas could have the most exciting offense this side of Texas Tech.

The best team should be … Florida Atlantic

COLLEGE FOOTBALL NEWS
Scout.com: 2008 Spring Preview - Ranking the Conferences

Woot, thought the Sunbelt is STILL ranked beloe MAC.  ???

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Conference rankings.

mmmm; this one's kind of hard to swallow.  but, under certain circumstances in football - no respect is good respect!  don't take this out of context.  this noted evaluation has left our league at the bottom of the barrel with our noses just above water.  can you smell something?  at least i can.  WE are underestimated, WE are unworrthy, WE are barrel scum- so says this article ranking the BELT at 10; ok…but WE are not the rest of the SUNBELT Conference.  We are the emergent from the unknown.  We are FAU.  And WE are here to take you down!

-juggernaut
Back to the top

Conference rankings.

Juggernaut said

mmmm; this one's kind of hard to swallow.  We are FAU.  And WE are here to take you down!

its scout.com

Wait for Phile Steele's write up…

But i agree with you on the appearance of being at the bottom of the barrel…

And leave us there - please!

Serves as motivation and keeps people off our beat…
Back to the top

Remember, all these rankings take the conference as a whole. When you have multiple winless teams your conference doesn't deserve a high ranking. Conference rankings are meaningless, though, because you can have a huge disparity between the best and worst teams in a conference.
Back to the top

And it's not likely to get better anytime soon, I'm afraid.  I've said it before – the SBC literally has been an entry-level conference in recent years, and with WKU and USA coming aboard, that's not going to change.
Back to the top
Control functions: