Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sunday hitting clinic

Add topic

I left in the bottom of the seventh and it was 20 to 1.  Fau had two consecutive 9 run inning in the 4th and 5th with 2 grand slams in the 5th. 
Back to the top

Re: Sunday hitting clinic

Final ended up being 24-3
Back to the top

roscoeowl said

I left in the bottom of the seventh and it was 20 to 1.  Fau had two consecutive 9 run inning in the 4th and 5th with 2 grand slams in the 5th.

Yeah I was sitting on the berms, bottom of the 7th it was time to pack up and head out. Fun game though. Nice weather, fun victory.

Not happy with 3 errors, against good teams those 3 errors turn into runs

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Big win for FAU.  After Saturday's debacle, they needed to come out with a game like this.  At times, they seem to lose their concentration on the field and mound, growing pains I hope.  Agree with Jab, against good teams we cannot afford to do this.

Congrats to Arata.  He seems to have worked really hard this offseason on his offensive game. 3-for-3 with 6 RBI today.  Happy for that guy..

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

gotta give em credit.  6 games in 6 days is bound to wear you out.  This new condensed schedule blows.  Where is there logic with this.  Yeah it lets the northern schools start at the same time with the southern schools, but all it does is create more weekday games during the season which is only gonna make it harder for the athletes in the classroom.  Sorry just got off on a little rant there.  Great game today though. 
Back to the top

roscoeowl said

gotta give em credit.  6 games in 6 days is bound to wear you out.  This new condensed schedule blows.  Where is there logic with this.  Yeah it lets the northern schools start at the same time with the southern schools, but all it does is create more weekday games during the season which is only gonna make it harder for the athletes in the classroom.  Sorry just got off on a little rant there.  Great game today though.

Good point about the six games in six days.  On top of that was the driving to bethune for a game they couldn't finish.  This is really a disaster by the NCAA to condense the schedule.  It not only effects play on the field, it takes the kids out of classroom more and more… as you pointed out.

Did you see the HR's by McKenna this weekend? WOW.  Saturday night might be the farthest I've ever seen one hit at the FAU stadium.  I wonder if he'll put one over the batter's eye this year.

If anyone has yet to see them play, you should definitely come out for the Boston College series this week.  Not too often you can see a collegiate hitter like McKenna (batting .468).

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Sunday hitting clinic

roscoeowl said

is there no mercy rule in College baseball??

(i think softball has one, no?)
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

roscoeowl said

Almost positive softball has one but no such rule in baseball. I think it was last season we beat Mississippi Valley State 33-3 (It was only 7 innings because it was a double header)

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

roscoeowl said

yeah.  they should have ended it after the top of the seventh but i think the EMU coach wanted to play it out.  
Back to the top

I know we've always had a good hitting team and this has ALWAYS been a team that will score a lot of runs. Here's an example

http://fausports.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/022302aaa.html

Baseball Scores 31 Runs

Gabe Somarriba has a 4-for-4 outing

Feb. 23, 2002

Final Stats

All aspects of the game came together for the Florida Atlantic University baseball team as they defeated Hartford University 31-0. FAU improves to 5-4 while the Hawks drop to 0-2. With the win FAU sets a new school record for most runs in a game, largest margin of victory and most hits (30). They also tied the record for most at bats (54) and RBI (27).

Florida Atlantic retired the side and then scored six times in the first to set the tone of the game. FAU's offense came alive as they scored more than 20 runs for the second time this season. With the 31 runs Saturday night, the team broke the 29 run mark set in 1998. Gabe Somarriba and Rusty Brown led the team with 4-for-4 and 5-for-7 performances.

Four different players also connected for home runs. Derek Hutton and Mike Valdes both got their first of the season, while Mike Cox and L.J. Biernbaum delivered their second and third of the season, respectively,

The shutout is the first of the seasons for FAU's pitching staff. Matt O'Brien earned his first start and win of the season after pitching 5 innings and striking out 7. Chris Wailand, Sterling Pell, Travis NeSmith and James Callahan each added one inning on the mound.

Scott Roy (0-1) took the loss after working 1 inning and giving up 3 unearned runs.

The two teams will meet at 1 pm Sunday for the final game of the series.

Back to the top
Control functions: