Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Great Pitching leads FAU by Boston College 4-3

Add topic

Adam Morrison started off the night by pitching three hitless innings, and then Mike Gipson followed by pitching 4 incredible innings before running out of gas in the 8th.  Suddenly a 4-0 lead turned to 4-3 after an error on a double play ball and we needed Glen Troyanowski to come in and pitch a perfect final 1 1/3 innings to get the save for FAU. The win streak is now at six and it was real nice to see FAU can still win when the hitting isnt there.  Hopefully tomorrow the Owls can make it 7 in a row before they begin conference play!  8)
Back to the top

Re: Great Pitching leads FAU by Boston College 4-3

anyone else think we found our closer?  Kid looked good to close the game out.
Back to the top

I think we found our closer, but what scared me about Morrison was the walks.  The walks will hurt us later on in the season if they continue to happen.  Good to see us win without our bats being hot.
Back to the top

I am a person that sees a ton of BC and I wonder who the Eagles will throw on Wednesday at you guys….Doyle is supposed to pitch Friday against Miami (FL).

I will be honest that the ACC games are much more important then these games against FAU but I think the Eagles need to get their bullpen into shape.

I would love to hear thoughts on the Eagles after the series since I will not see a BC game until late March.
Back to the top

Both Gipson and Troyanowski are Freshman, a part of this year's great class.

It looks like Troyanowski did very well wrapping things up, but I would be very surprised if Cooney kept him as the closer, unless he was completely desperate.  That's a tough role for a Freshman.

Either way, I think it's impressive how they are grooming Troyanowski… putting him in different positions and each time he has responded.

I'd imagine BC will have Dan Houston (0-1, 8.71 ERA) pitch tonight. He last pitched against St. Bonaventure and allowed 9 ER.

I am sure Boston College is saving their big three (Doyle, McDonald, Asselin) for the UM series.  Which is understandable.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Update: Cooney told Ted Hutton that Troyanowski would assume the closers role.

Back to the top

Houston was BC's number 2 in his freshman year in 2006, moved to the Closer's role at the beginning of 2007 which was a disaster and made some weekend starts last season but never gained his confidence back. This season he has started both game 2 of the weekend series but has not faired that well at all.

I would think BC might throw Kurt Hayer or Geoff Oxley tonight who made some mid-week starts last year.
Back to the top

If I am not mistaken Cooney used Mcbryde (SP?) as our closer as a freshman a couple years ago.
Back to the top

The said

Houston was BC's number 2 in his freshman year in 2006, moved to the Closer's role at the beginning of 2007 which was a disaster and made some weekend starts last season but never gained his confidence back. This season he has started both game 2 of the weekend series but has not faired that well at all.

I would think BC might throw Kurt Hayer or Geoff Oxley tonight who made some mid-week starts last year.

You would obviously know better than I would, but Houston is on full rest looking at their schedule. So was going by that.

Back to the top

Great Pitching leads FAU by Boston College 4-3

wpierso3 said

If I am not mistaken Cooney used Mcbryde (SP?) as our closer as a freshman a couple years ago.

Could be, but that guy was a freak.

Back to the top
Control functions: