Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GREAT WIN

Add topic

Great win tonight. Everyone played well, for the most part.

But to play devils advocate, what happened to Graham? He's an important part of this run and he played awful from the announcers said and his stats showed, we need him to bounce back.

I really like our chances on Saturday, I think we handle little rock easy.
Back to the top

Re: GREAT WIN

Payback on FIU is always sweet. They had our number this year, but we got the one we needed most. Can't wait for the game on Saturday. GO OWLS!!!!  ;D
Back to the top

the game is actually on Sunday night. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. I think the Sunbelt wanted to extend the conference tournament so were not waiting around so much for all the bcs conferences which finish up next weekend.
Back to the top

Great game. Rex figured out how to beat them.  Good coaching and great effort from the players.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Pleasantly surprised.  This is a great win moving forward, just what the team needs going into rest of tourney
Back to the top

Seems like it was a role reversal of the last game. FAU came out like a house on fire while FIU struggled from the get go. Was it me or did it seem like JP was open almost all the time.

I'll tell you one thing though, that kid Galindo can play! Seems like he can make a shot from anywhere on the court.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

We played awesome tonight, we were on FIRE from behind the arc, Monroe going 2-3 on 3 pointers proves that, we were just draining everything! That was some exciting basketball. It seems like we changed our game plan, we didn't really try to go inside alot, at least in the beginning, we shot from the outside alot, which then brought their defense out, which allowed us to go inside to Monroe and JP more. I know we all know it, but Monroe is just flat out good, he's really improved on his shot from outside the paint on the baseline. There was one time where he starte to go in close, but then stepped back and drained a 10 footer, that was nice to see and man can he bring down rebounds! How about when the ref made that terrible call on Monroe and Rex fell to the floor? That was hilarious! I wish I had that on video tape, he did get a T, but man, it was worth it. For the few minutes that Sammie was on the floor, it was ugly, he just doesn't seem to know what he's doing out there. He was good enough to get signed by a school that went to the elite eight, so they had to see something in him right? I just wonder what it was. Going along with what Exit said, Graham just didn't have it tonight, he was wild..even more wild than usual and something just didn't seem right. Hopefully he'll be back to normal on Sunday. I'm VERY proud of this team, everyone gave up on them half way through the year, but to have such a terrible start and end up playing the way they have is awesome. We are playing our best right now, and thats where it counts, I think we could make some noise in the tourney if we play like this.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

This was the best game I have ever seen FAU play. Everybody hit when they had to, even on FTs. I thought Graham looked fine, but wasn't needed as much this time. He was hacked badly a few times on some flying layups.

FAU had consecutive threes to start both the first and second halfs. Way to get it going!

Fans and students who missed this (and there were many): You blew it.

Great win for the Owls.

BTW, Troy upset ULL with its brand new - surprise SLOWJan offense. The Trojans went way slow (causing the CajunDome croud to cheer "BORING!") and beat the La-Las 70-60.

Back to the top

FAUfasho said

everyone gave up on them half way through the year,

Not everyone. I remember there was a few of us including myself and Florida_Owl who still gave this team a chance even earlier in the season. The Sexy Rexies/Rowdy Rex's that are on this board have been at every game. I usually come home with no voice lol.

That T that Rex got was one of the best things I have ever seen. Just picture Rex fully dressed in his suit with the jacket on and everything just laying down on the court stretched out with hands above his head. One of the funniest things I have ever seen!

As for the officiating there were some TERRIBLE calls!!! I remember in the 2nd half Galindo shoved one of our players out of the way before he shot the ball… no call.

Graham brings the ball up and leans into the defender on FIU, light contact nothing worth calling, unless of course you are mini-ref. Glad it didn't effect the outcome.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

GREAT WIN

Jab979 said

FAUfasho said

everyone gave up on them half way through the year,

Not everyone. I remember there was a few of us including myself and Florida_Owl who still gave this team a chance even earlier in the season. The Sexy Rexies/Rowdy Rex's that are on this board have been at every game. I usually come home with no voice lol.

Ok, not everyone, but I know alot of people were just waiting for basketball to be over and baseball to begin. Great game, too bad it was spring break and there were no students there. BTW, what did everyone think of the new shirts?
Back to the top
Control functions: