Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

fraternity housing?

Add topic

Hey I just go accepted to FAU and will starting in the summer of 08. I strongly plan on going greek i was wondering if fraternity housing is a sure thing with the football stadium i heard it was part of the plan but could never find out if was definantly part of the deal. thanx
Back to the top

Re: fraternity housing?

owlcountry40 said

Hey I just go accepted to FAU and will starting in the summer of 08. I strongly plan on going greek i was wondering if fraternity housing is a sure thing with the football stadium i heard it was part of the plan but could never find out if was definantly part of the deal. thanx

At this point the majority of details about the Innovation Village project are up in the air. FAU is definitely going to build another new dorm as part of the project, it has already been approved. The football stadium is supposedly going to built by 2010, but nothing has been mentioned recently about it, so who knows. As for Greek housing, it has been planned for years, it just never seems to get built.  If I had to guess, I would say it will get built eventually, but after you graduate.

However, in the last couple of years FAU has built new modern dorms. So you should at least have nice living arrangements. If you want my advice, get involved with the Greeks (even without the housing), and other organizations (especially the sports groups). That is the secret to a good college experience. That and buy all your books online. Go to the bookstore and write down the ISBN numbers and then order used off amazon. You will save hundreds.   
Back to the top

fraternity housing?

owlcountry40 said

Another thing, are you from Florida? If not, where? And why did you choose FAU? I am just curious.
Back to the top

Lago said

owlcountry40 said

Another thing, are you from Florida? If not, where? And why did you choose FAU? I am just curious.
 i live close buy and im going to FAU mainly for saving money but unlike most kids in my situation im reallyyyyyyyyy excited about coming and i want to get involed in alot of stuff and be apart of making FAU great school
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Lago said

owlcountry40 said

i live close buy and im going to FAU mainly for saving money but unlike most kids in my situation im reallyyyyyyyyy excited about coming and i want to get involed in alot of stuff and be apart of making FAU great school

As a former Greek,  I can tell you that when I pledged back in '99 we were promised Greek housing within a few years. I can tell you what though, any fraternity you join, you will have the time of your life guaranteed.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

owlcountry40 said

Lago said

owlcountry40 said

As a former Greek,  I can tell you that when I pledged back in '99 we were promised Greek housing within a few years. I can tell you what though, any fraternity you join, you will have the time of your life guaranteed.
may i ask fraternity you were with
Back to the top

Jab979 said

As a former Greek,  I can tell you that when I pledged back in '99 we were promised Greek housing within a few years.

this has pretty much been the case for the last 15 years…

it's "in the plans"…

the reason it doesnt already exsist is that the City reuiqred there to be a clause prohibiting it to allow the school to reside within Boca Raton city limits when the university was established…
Back to the top

may i ask fraternity you were with

I was in AEPi

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I was in AEPi as well.  A lot of AEPi brothers are involved with the prOWLers - FAU's official student-spirit group. I suggest checking out all fraternities and the prOWLers. You're doing the right thing by getting involved in school. You are entering into a unique opportunity - you can MAKE tradition. If you want Greek housing, get involved your freshmen year and start advocating for a house.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I was in a fraternity at FAU and had a blast as well.  FAU is what you make of it…I couldn't have had a better time.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: