Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Alarcon starting to shine...

Add topic

Alot has been said about Sean Alarcon…

Rex has always praised him, although the numbers havent been stellar:

"…he can miss 1000 in a row, and ill still bet on him…"

We, on the other hand, have often been frustrated with his perfromance, expecting more from the once High School sharp shooter from Boca Raton…i for one have to admit to that…

Despite the different stances on this gritty, high energy player, no one can argue against the fact that he is having a good season…so far, his numbers have far exceeded that of the previous year…

Take alook at this comparison:

In 06-07’ he shot 33-105 from the floor, at a FG% of .314…from behind the arch, it wasn’t as well (not that .314 is "well" in college basketball)…in fact it wasn’t good at all – 23-81 for a 3PT FG% of .284

Well, the times have changed…about a third of the way through the season this year he has begun to emerge as the player Rex talks about…so far this year he has already attempted about half of the total number of shots he attempted last year but with much greater success – 21-50, good for a FG% of .420…but it gets better…from behind the arch, he has improved a great deal – 14-38, and a 3PT FG% of .368

Think it is safe to say that Alarcon is emerging as a legitimate and consistent scoring threat…posting double digits his last four games out:

10 @ Monmouth
11 @ ASU
11 vs. UNF
13 vs. FGCU

If this keeps up, things are looking bright for him, and more importantly for the Team…

Back to the top

Re: Alarcon starting to shine...

I agree, last year whenever he'd get the ball I'd wince and hope that it went in. This year, I'm alittle bit more confident and happy that he has started to shine alittle more. He's also pretty good on D, we all remember that steal he had against FIU last year, he also had a steal against UNF. He's very emotional and I think is stepping up to be a senior leader. I'm excited to see what he does the rest of the year.
Back to the top

Even with his shooting draught last year, the kid was getting some great looks & shots - just couldn't buy one to save his life, yet he saved his biggest preformances when it mattered the most giving the team what it needed at critical times last year helping to lift the team to victory.

This year he has been solid & sometimes is a forgoten guy out there, but other are steping-up and playing well.  It's nice to see soo many players playing good like they are now, it makes it much harder for teams to defend without having to focus solely on Monroe, like at the beginning of the season.
Back to the top

without a doubt someone will go off and work off the energy of the crowd.........it will be a great match up
Back to the top

Well, my Hustle and Determination Award goes to Sean Alarcon for the Final numbers he posted this year:

.416 FG%

.400 3PT FG %

Not too shabby when compared to last years numbers of .314 FG% and .284 3PT FG%…especially considering he shot the ball 20% more this season.

Thanks Sean, for pouring your heart and soul into this team for the last two years…your attitude is admirable, and you will be missed!
Back to the top

hats off, you will be missed next year....
Back to the top

Alarcon starting to shine...

Sean meant so much to this team. He was the emotional leader and will be missed.
Back to the top

Solid player, good luck to him. Hopefully he could get a look in the "D" league our Europe.
Back to the top
Control functions: