Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SMU

Add topic

SMU got smoked in the first round losing by 28! What was Doherty thinking? He's not getting it done there at all. Two sub .500 seasons in a row.

I'm so glad to have rex…..
Back to the top

Re: SMU

More money sometimes clouds judgement
Back to the top

SMU

lol…..i wonder if his cheer squad is "Doherty's Dumbasses"???

whatever we have REX!!!!!
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

lol…..i wonder if his cheer squad is "Doherty's Dumbasses"???

whatever we have REX!!!!!

They should be called the SMU Stepping Stones, since in case you forgot Matt said "I'm not using FAU as a stepping stone". Wonder if he questions his decision when he sees the recruits coming in. Glad we have Rex too

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Being from North Carolina originally, I liked the fact of having Daugherty at FAU.  But……  For some reason I always questione his real intentions with FAU,  Im glad we have REX as well. 
Back to the top

I don't blame Doherty for leaving…who wouldn't want to triple their salary?  I do think if he would have stayed here at least 3 seasons, he would have landed a much better gig than SMU though.

Back to the top

Money can buy alot of things, but it cant buy wins…

The man upstairs has a great sense of humor, and this "chuckle" is on DOH-erty…

The man looked me in the eyes in front of a Church here in Boca Raton right after the service let out, the day before he flew there to take the job, and said in an indirect fashion he wasn't going…

Back to the top

sanibel said

More money sometimes clouds judgement

Maybe Angelos needs to read this.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I just hope we can keep Rex around if he starts doing big things here in the near future, because the bigger names with the bigger wallets will come calling if he does. 
Back to the top

roscoeowl said

I just hope we can keep Rex around if he starts doing big things here in the near future, because the bigger names with the bigger wallets will come calling if he does.

IMO it all depends on the football team. It's obvious that's where all the money is and where all the money comes from. If the football team continues to be successful and make a name for it self then the money will start to come in and the donations won't be few and far between and if it takes money to keep a Rex Walters at FAU then they may be in a position to do it

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: