Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Dohtery Craps on Memphis..

Add topic

Dohtery Craps on Memphis..

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=287175

Not that I know much about basketball, but it seems our excoach has said some uncomplimentary thinks about thier Basketball team. LOL

Now if he had slammed thier football team I could of understood.  ;)

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Dohtery Craps on Memphis..

Objectively, i think this is ill timed, as well as not so accurate…some analysts have stated things along the lines of "unproven"…

the deal is that they just came back on the scene…and Calapari has done it with a different style of play - letting guys play more "unorganized" ball…

It's kind of like syd green's former philosophy (although he couldnt make it work):

Just get guys in who are street smart players, and VERY athletic…let them "run"…

The arguement (he appears to be making) is that this doesnt stack up to the NC's and Dukes of the world that have "pure" shooters…

Here is my "counter argument":

What do you have to say about Xavier, and Butler Coach DOH-erty?

You know, the other "non first tier" teams that will be in the tournament, while you and your 10-20 team (who's only conference pride is beating RICE two times) is sitting in Dallas watching re-runs of American Idol…….

Sooo, while i can see his point, i think HE OF ALL PEOPLE, should not be making this "remark" - valid or invalid…

He also said the same thing about us, in a round about way, when speaking to why he left - that we are a "lower" team than SM-pew…

Lastly, this comment made by one of the posters is very funny, and unless next year changes, going to be reality:

"Here is his coaching history:
-Head coach Notre Dame 1999-2000
-Head coach North Carolina 2000-2003
-Head coach Florida Atlantic 2005-2006
-Head coach SMU 2006-2009
-Head coach Stonybrook 2009-2011
-Head coach Oil Trough HS 2011-2013
-Head coach 9-10 yr old church league team 2013-2015
-Head floor sweeper Memphis Grizzlies 2015"
Back to the top

I honestly don't see what the big deal is.  Factually, he is correct.  They don't shoot particulalry well from the outside or the FT line.  The numbers prove that.  So if he doesn't consider them "first tier" because of that, I don't see the problem with that statement.  Besides, why do the Memphis fans really care what Doherty, or any other "expert" thinks.  They'll get their shot to prove how good they are in the NCAAs. 
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

So if he doesn't consider them "first tier" because of that, I don't see the problem with that statement.  Besides, why do the Memphis fans really care what Doherty, or any other "expert" thinks.

Good point 44…

i would add this though:

Is he in any position or place to "criticize" anyone?

(think that was the main objection)

Back to the top

Doherty just needs to shut his trap.

Figured id edit my original post. It wasnt really called for.  Doh still needs to just shut up.  How can you put down a team that demolished the team you coach, completely dominated their conference, Memphis cant help that the rest of the Conf USA is garbage.  They beat everyone except Tenn, they did beat Georgetown pretty bad.  With Dohs logic then UNC is a tier 2 team because they dont play great defense, because in all reality the heels do give up a crap load of points.  He should keep his mouth shut until he can produce a team that could come close to beating a so called tier 2-3 memphis. 
Back to the top

roscoeowl said

He should keep his mouth shut until he can produce a team that could come close to beating a so called tier 2-3 memphis.

Exactly…agree!
Back to the top

Great stuff
Back to the top

Tebow said

Great stuff

Funny!

Ha ha ha…….
Back to the top
Control functions: