Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

This Year's Away Game?

I am looking over the schedule and trying to pick an away game that I can drive to.  Has anyone been to the exciting town of Murfreesboro?  Do they have a decent game day atmosphere, the problem is it being on Tuesday, will that change the environment?

I would love to go to TX or the MI ST game but they are too far.

I would have gone to Troy but they are here this year.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Re: This Year's Away Game?

Thanks for all the input guys. 

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Lol…

I would say something, but unfortunately have never been :-\

Somebody has to have gone from this board!

Talk to the man! :)
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

dusky256fc said

Lol…

I would say something, but unfortunately have never been :-\

Somebody has to have gone from this board!

Talk to the man! :)

I get the feeling not too many people have been to Murlfreesboro, maybe I'll be the first on the board this year and report back…or maybe I'll go to a different game. ;)

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

This Year's Away Game?

Hey Dusky hows it goin.  I have a lot of family that live Mboro, so to say the least ive speant way more time there than id prefer.  Its a nice medium size town.  And the people are usually all very friendly except for some rowdy students at game time which is typical everywhere.  If this game wasnt on a tuesday id probably fly up for the game but ill most likely be watching this one on tv.  If you can go then id suggest going.  Hotels wont be that expensive and theres a few good places to eat.  Game experience should be good for this game especially because mtsu cant stand fau football and is planning some blackout deal against us so there should be a pretty good crowd for this game.  Stadium is pretty nice at least for sunbelt standards.  Tailgaiters, at least the older alumni ones are usually pretty friendly as well and will invite visitors over for free food unless you act like a jackass.  All in all id say go if you can, its probably one of the top places to visit for an away game.  Not too much to see in the boro if you want to go sightseeing, but theres a lot to see in Nashville.  
Back to the top

Whatever questions you have about the boro i can probably answer, if not i can get you an answer with a phone call. 
Back to the top

roscoeowl said

Whatever questions you have about the boro i can probably answer, if not i can get you an answer with a phone call.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping for.  If I decide to go I'll contact you.  Sounds like it might be a fun trip, then I can shoot up to N.C. for a quick vacation.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Hey Dusky i sent you a PM, by the way, where do you go in NC for vacation.  Im from Asheville so i was just curious.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

I am looking over the schedule and trying to pick an away game that I can drive to.  Has anyone been to the exciting town of Murfreesboro?  Do they have a decent game day atmosphere, the problem is it being on Tuesday, will that change the environment?

I would love to go to TX or the MI ST game but they are too far.

I would have gone to Troy but they are here this year.

I was there a couple of years ago for the FAU game. It isn't a big-time atmosphere, but it is nice. The town doesn't have too much to offer, but Nashville is less than an hour away. I really enjoyed myself at the MTSU game. I actually preferred it to the game at Kentucky. The MTSU fans were great and it really was a good time. I recommend it if you can make it.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Come on up to Murfreesboro.

We are a city of about 100,000 and lots of places to eat (just like in Florida, without the good seafood) and not a lot of happening spots (danceclubs, etc).

Most of our tourism is from a National Park here dealing with the Battle of Stones River, of Civil War fame (or as I like to call it, the War of Northern Aggression) ;D

We have the best tailgating except for the Cajuns. Come by and we'll treat you like royalty.

I own a luxury box and you are more than welcome to come by before the game, during halftime, or after the game for a cold beverage.

Email me at [email protected] . We were treated very well at FAU and I'd like to return the favor (and the football loss, too) ;D

Nashville is a 45-minute drive. You must see the Opryland Hotel and Second Avenue in Nashville.

Also, I would highly recommend a tour of the Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg, Tn (45 minutes to the South). It is a free tour and one of the must see/must do things in our region.

We tailgate at RV Row and usually have about 20 RV's full of fans and hungry visitors. All of your beer is on me, if you make it to The 'Boro.
Back to the top
Control functions: