Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Still more rercuits to sign for next year?

Add topic

According to Rex there are:

Rex's Blog 3-13-08'

I thought we had one, but two or three??

Is someone else leaving??
Back to the top

Re: Still more rercuits to sign for next year?

Did Avery Holley have a basketball scholarship?  I think his days on the court are done.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Did Avery Holley have a basketball scholarship?  I think his days on the court are done.

Tried to find the post where i spoke to this, but couldnt…oh, well!

aAyway, spoke with Avery a couple months ago, and he will definitley be back next year for basketball…it wouldnt matter anyway though, because he deosnt count in the basketball scholarship count - he is on a full football ride…

Rex is the one that wanted him to get the surgery done and suggested he exit early that season…but nobody figured he would injure his knee right away in football as soon as coming back :-/

He will be back for basketball this season and said he is "really looking forward to it" :)
Back to the top

2008-09 Scholarships:
Seniors (4): Monroe, Graham, Nwoji, Hernandez
Juniors (1): Sutton
Sophomores (3): Hugley, Perkins, Royster
Freshmen (3): Pena, Shine, Hall

2009-10 Freshmen (1): Riley

I count 11 scholarships for next year, which would mean there are 2 open ships left for next season.

Non-Scholarship players: Holley (So), Best (Jr), Rodriguez-Paz (Jr), Staten (Jr)
Back to the top

I would be nice to bring in another JC transfer who could be an impact player next year to team with the other upperclassmen.
Back to the top

I hope we can go out and find a big body. It'd be awesome if we can land a 7 footer, that way when we'd have someone to put on people like the dude from ULAR, #32, that guy just pushed us around, we had no one big enough to cover him.
Back to the top

Still more rercuits to sign for next year?

FAUfasho said

I hope we can go out and find a big body. It'd be awesome if we can land a 7 footer, that way when we'd have someone to put on people like the dude from ULAR, #32, that guy just pushed us around, we had no one big enough to cover him.

That will be Sutton's job next year.
Back to the top

sanibel said

FAUfasho said

That will be Sutton's job next year.

exactly…and dont forget that guy is a SEC transfer…and he's GOOD…
Back to the top

RhodeIslandOwl said

2008-09 Scholarships:
Seniors (4): Monroe, Graham, Nwoji, Hernandez
Juniors (1): Sutton
Sophomores (3): Hugley, Perkins, Royster
Freshmen (3): Pena, Shine, Hall

2009-10 Freshmen (1): Riley

I count 11 scholarships for next year, which would mean there are 2 open ships left for next season.

Non-Scholarship players: Holley (So), Best (Jr), Rodriguez-Paz (Jr), Staten (Jr)

i think Hernandez is a junior next year??

sweet…lets get another 6-10 guy and a pure shooter and we are golden!
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

i think Hernandez is a junior next year??

I went by the FAUSports.com Roster that had him listed as a Junior this past season, but you could be right.
Back to the top
Control functions: