Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

R.J. Hall...

Add topic

Article From December…of note is this:

Hall chose Florida Atlantic over New Hampshire, Boston University, Stony Brook - all schools hail from the NorthEast Conference - which has a conference RPI of  RPI of 27…also in the mix was FDU - from the Northeast conference, which an RPI of 24…The SBC has an RPI of 19…

ZAGSBLOG: RJ Hall to Fla. Atlantic

I still havent seen enough to comment on him as far as what he will do immediately, and how his skill level is, etc…but one would think he will have to learn for a while and wont have to get thrown into the fire with Holley coming back to run point along side of Nwoji…

He did garner four division one offers, although they are all below our level on paper…let's Hope Rex sees a diamond in the rough…
Back to the top

Re: R.J. Hall...

stony brook is equal to a d2/3 school. I'm from long island and know it well. its really a boarderline school.

I'm not putting too much stock into this kid, we can only see what happens, I'm guessing he'll be a backup pg for most of his time at FAU.

Anyone have any info on Riley or and other possible signings? The spring signing period is still seven weeks away, April 16th.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

stony brook is equal to a d2/3 school. I'm from long island and know it well. its really a boarderline school.

I'm not putting too much stock into this kid, we can only see what happens, I'm guessing he'll be a backup pg for most of his time at FAU.

yeah, that's kind of what i am thinking at this point…i wasnt impressed with the other schools…but the school he came from has had a few D1 players in the last few years…

like you said, we will have to wait and see on him…

i am confident in Rex's ability to gauge a PG though…so i think if ti were a toss, i woudl lean towards the kid becoming a solid player for us…not a star, but definitely a solid player…
Back to the top

R.J. Hall...

No mention of Hall on this article from FAUSports.com, dated this morning:

Florida Atlantic Enjoys Strong Finish to 2007-08 Season - Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site

Not sure if this is because he hasn't signed an LOI??
Back to the top

RJ Hall from what I am hearing from friends in NJ is that he is going to be a solid player here. Not flashy but just down right hard nosed. Sort of like Corderro but more talented from what I hear. On the Stony Brook comment I am also from LI and can tell you that in the past they were a very low d1 school. However they have a good young coach that understands talent. You being from LI should know just how hard it is to recruit there. I think we might have fund a diamond in the rough.
Back to the top

I too am from Long Island. Spent the first 26 years of my life there cant ever remember Stony Brook being good. Growing up it was always about St. Johns/Seton Hall/ and Hofstra when Claxton was there

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Yeah I def hear you. It is a new mentality at SB thats why I replied. You are right with the other schools. RJ did however shut down 3 top 25 point guards and held them under 10 points. But we will see in the years to come. What part of LI are you from?
Back to the top

Owl said

Yeah I def hear you. It is a new mentality at SB thats why I replied. You are right with the other schools. RJ did however shut down 3 top 25 point guards and held them under 10 points. But we will see in the years to come. What part of LI are you from?

What are your sources, if i may ask??

Also, did you get a  feel for his offensive game…i see he can shoot from the outside, and has a healthy short range game as well - based on scouting tapes, etc…any driving ability, or coming off of screnes, etc? that was not displayed within the footage i saw…
Back to the top

Unfortunately I can't tell you my sources because I could get in trouble but trust me when its all good stuff. Now whether that is applied on the court, we will have to wait and see. To be honest I really haven't seen much tape either but when he gets down here in the summer I will definitely fill you in.

Do you plan on going to games next season?
Back to the top

Owl said

Unfortunately I can't tell you my sources because I could get in trouble but trust me when its all good stuff. Now whether that is applied on the court, we will have to wait and see. To be honest I really haven't seen much tape either but when he gets down here in the summer I will definitely fill you in.

Do you plan on going to games next season?

Yeah, i will be at just about every (if not all) games…been following FAU Hoops since 1992… :)

On your sources, im not quite sure i understand the confidentiality, but respect your stance…thanks anyway!
Back to the top
Control functions: