Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Potential New Owl Here

Add topic

Yes, I'm one of the rare ones.  An out of state community college transfer from up North i just applied last Friday.  Long time lurker first time poster.  I've been following the football team since the 5-7 season and still have the New Orleans Bowl on my Tivo haha.  Anyway, I've done a ton of research on FAU and the South Florida area in general and to be honest i'm really hoping to get accepted.  For all the crap people give FAU for their standards i must say if your test scores aren't up to par and you're still a very good student in Community College it is still very difficult to transfer in.  Schools like Maryland, Towson, Rutgers, UMASS, UCONN, Coastal Carolina ETC. While considered academically  better typically have much lower standards for Transfers (usually 24-30 credits with a decent GPA)  than FAU (60 Credits). I Just find it interesting that FAU and pretty much every other Florida school (FIU, USF, FSU, UF, UCF, UNF) operate in this manor.  Anyway, i got to run but expect me posting more especially if i get in haha. Keeping my fingers crossed!  And i apologize if i posted in the wrong forum.
Back to the top

Re: Potential New Owl Here

Welcome to the board!  Hope you get accepted…we need more fans like you!
Back to the top

Welcome aboard and no apology needed this was the perfect place to post. For more coverage on the Owls I would recommend checking out Ted Hutton's blog on the Sun Sentinel and Marcus Nelson's blog on the Palm Beach Post

Sun Sentinel - http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/
Palm Beach Post http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/college/fau.html

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Potential New Owl Here

The said

Yes, I'm one of the rare ones.  An out of state community college transfer from up North i just applied last Friday. 

Actually, that's not very rare here at FAU… a lot of community college transfers from up North and a lot of people from up North in general.   8)

Welcome to the board and hope it works out for you, you'll love it here!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

That's good to hear.  Anyhow, like i've said i've done my research on FAU.  So is the Campus life really as bad as everyone makes it seem?  Haha,  I'm really hoping that stadium gets off the ground. I'm 21 anyway so it's not that big a deal.  I'm really eager to see if the woman are as good as everyone says they are. ;D
Back to the top

The said

That's good to hear.  Anyhow, like i've said i've done my research on FAU.  So is the Campus life really as bad as everyone makes it seem?  Haha,  I'm really hoping that stadium gets off the ground. I'm 21 anyway so it's not that big a deal.  I'm really eager to see if the woman are as good as everyone says they are. ;D

Campus Life ANYWHERE is what you a make of it and your attitude…if you are a positive person its great…plenty to do and lots of nearby things as well just off campus…

However, if you are one of those "have to have beer in hand all the time" kind of guys and find life in general to be a "Small Society" cartoon strip re-run, then anywhere will appear dismal - as well as FAU…

i think you will find it enjoyable…alot happening for the 4 year undergrad coming in…things are still on the upswing despite economic trending at present…
Back to the top

No doubt.  I'm not the type of person to make a choice on a school because of it's social life, football team ETC.  And yeah i'm sure thing have drastically improved from say my senior year in High School till now.  That's why i figured it's the perfect timing to transfer in as far as my case goes.
Back to the top

The said

Campus life is really laid back, I came from Vermont and lived on campus and liked it.
Most everything shuts down early, but I imagine its much improved since I was there.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Campus life was a lot of fun when I was there too. You make your own fun and you meet a lot of people while you live on campus. Think of it this way, you can go to the bar on campus legally drink and stumble back to your room all the while not have to worry about driving.

I had a lot of fun on campus but that was 8 years ago so I'm sure it's even better now

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

FAU Boca is a beautiful campus. You'll have a great time and get a great education.
Back to the top
Control functions: