Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rex Interviews at MERCER?!? (UPDATE: he's gone)

Add topic

According to Ted, this is true. The question is why?  I could see interviewing for a job at a bigger school for more money, but Mercer?  Does Rex have a connection to someone at Mercer?  Something is fishy about this.  Does anyone know of any friction between Rex and Angelos?  Mercer??  I'm confused.

Topic Galleries - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Back to the top

Re: Rex Interviews at MERCER?!?

Rex Interviews at MERCER?!? (UPDATE: he's gone)

Angelos is also a finalist for the AD job at LSU… what's going on in Owl Country?
Back to the top

Lm77 said

Angelos is also a finalist for the AD job at LSU… what's going on in Owl Country?

That at least is a big step up.  MERCER??  They have nice facilities, but if Rex thinks recruiting here is tough, try recruiting in the ASUN.  Really odd.
Back to the top

what? if this is true there's some serious issues with angelos and his staff. what else could be the reason? an explanation is important, somebody please find out.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

what? if this is true there's some serious issues with angelos and his staff. what else could be the reason? an explanation is important, somebody please find out.

I wonder if there has been anything made of Rex's ill-timed technical foul in the tourney?  Perhaps that caused some friction…That's the only guess I can come up with.  He hasn't been perfect as a coach, but I think he has the team heading in the right direction.
Back to the top

Rex Walters is GONE:

http://www.macon.com/170/story/303330.html

So, who's our next coach?
Back to the top

Re: Rex Interviews at MERCER?!? (UPDATE: he's gone)

Wow, let me get this straight. Walters was with the team when we moved up to the SBC from the A-Sun and now he is moving back down to an A-Sun school again. To a private school of 2600, in Macon, GA. This might have something to do with that rumour posted on another thread.

This really kills alot of momentum we have built up over the last two seasons with the sexy rexies, the rowdy rex's, t-shirts, t-rex, etc.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Lm77 said

Rex Walters is GONE:

http://www.macon.com/170/story/303330.html

So, who's our next coach?

WOW! I am in total disbelief right now! There's gotta be more to this story, you don't leave a team in the Sun Belt to take a job in the ASun at a school like Mercer!

I wouldn't mind seeing coach Ballado as the next head coach. I just want someone who's not going to promise us he's not going anywhere and then screw us over again

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Wow, let me get this straight. Walters was with the team when we moved up to the SBC from the A-Sun and now he is moving back down to an A-Sun school again. To a private school of 2600, in Macon, GA. This might have something to do with that rumour posted on another thread.

This really kills alot of momentum we have built up over the last two seasons with the sexy rexies, the rowdy rex's, t-shirts, t-rex, etc.

This shouldn't effect the fan groups…just their names.
Back to the top

I'm sorry but there's more to this story then we know of. Was it Angelo's doing? I think we deserve some sort of an explanation. Daughtery is here for 1 year he leaves Rex takes over he's here for 2 years now he leaves WTF!?!

With what money are we going to hire a new coach? I really think Ballado deserves the job he won't require as much money but I don't think he has the recruiting potential that Rex does.

Speaking of recruits I hope we don't lose any of them because of this, how many players have come here because they said "Rex knows what it takes to get to the next level"

Apparently Rex knows what it's like to screw you over too

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: