Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Angelos makes final 6 for LSU job

Add topic

Marcus Nelson says Angelos is a finalist for the AD position at LSU…

FAU's Angelos will interview for LSU AD job

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Re: Angelos makes final 6 for LSU job

I just figured out why the stadium fundraising is lagging…

Angelos is spending more time looking for another job than looking for donors!!!

Am I wrong or what?!?!
Back to the top

b_rider72 said

Angelos is spending more time looking for another job than looking for donors!!!

Am I wrong or what?!?!

i don't think that's fair to claim… i think angelos has done a lot for our school and program and, though he actively wants to make more money and move to "bigger" schools and budgets, he continues to grow FAU athletics…

i think you are being too harsh

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Angelos makes final 6 for LSU job

Didn't FAU hire a fundraiser a few months ago? It's that his job to raise funds? I'm sure an AD has other things on his plate.

I probably should have put this in FAU News, but maybe Bytor can just make "Angelos Job Search" a separate forum category.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

b_rider72 said

Am I wrong or what?!?!

i don't think that's fair to claim… i think angelos has done a lot for our school and program and, though he actively wants to make more money and move to "bigger" schools and budgets, he continues to grow FAU athletics…

i think you are being too harsh

Just a little frustrated is all. I realize what Angelos has accomplished since arriving at FAU along with Brogan and HS.
Back to the top

b_rider72 said

Am I wrong or what?!?!

It is pretty frustrating that he has apparently applied for EVERY open job out there, but you cannot blame anyone for looking into that job. The fact that he's a finalist for it at least gets FAU in the news a little more. He faces some pretty strong candidates for the job according to Nelson (Duke's AD, a high ranking Kentucky administrator and two LSU internal candidates), so odds are he'll be around here a while longer. But good luck to him, LSU would be probably as good as it gets salary and prestige-wise if you are in his position.
Back to the top

Good luck. ::)
Back to the top

Its obvious he will just keep trying until he gets an offer. That being said I hope it is soon so we can get someone in place that will focus on the things that need to be done. I think he was quoted as saying he would like to end up somewhere he doesn't have to stretch every dollar.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I think he was quoted as saying he would like to end up somewhere he doesn't have to stretch every dollar.

I wonder if he is smart enough to realize that there's about 10 schools in the nation that don't have to do that.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Its obvious he will just keep trying until he gets an offer. That being said I hope it is soon so we can get someone in place that will focus on the things that need to be done. I think he was quoted as saying he would like to end up somewhere he doesn't have to stretch every dollar.

Read Ted Hutton's new blog.  He explains the Angelos situation.  Based on what has been accomplished here, his name is now on "the List" of ADs that gets passed around by head hunters for these types of jobs.  That is why he is listed as a candidate for all of these AD jobs.  That doesn't mean he has interviewed for all of them, although i'm sure he does go talk to a lot of these schools….if you were in his shoes, wouldn't you?  Especially a job like LSU.  That is a tough interview to pass up.  So is he looking to get a job at a bigger school, perhaps, but who isn't trying to get a higher paying job?  At the same time, I don't know if it is fair to say that he is looking to jump ship either. 
Back to the top
Control functions: