Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UM-FAU

Add topic

15-5 bottom of the eighth with one out Miami leads.  I have no comment. 
Back to the top

Re: UM-FAU

roscoeowl said

15-5 bottom of the eighth with one out Miami leads.  I have no comment.

Yep. They're #2 for a reason.
Back to the top

Wait a second here… let's be honest with ourselves.

7 runs and 13 hits on the No. 2 team in the country in their house after an EXTREMELY heart breaking conference 3-game sweep?

I am actually happy with that.  That shows me true character.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Fledgling said

7 runs and 13 hits on the No. 2 team in the country in their house after an EXTREMELY heart breaking conference 3-game sweep?

We also gave up 11 walks in one game.  Hard to be happy with that.  Thats just plain pathetic. 
Back to the top

So what else is new?  ::)

How did they get a scholarship by throwing balls?

Back to the top

We gotta be at least in the top 5 in the nation for most walks
Back to the top

UM-FAU

Happy with that?!  We were going against UM's 5th starter(they are using their #4 guy tonight against FIU) who had an ERA of over 5.  We also faced their two weakest relievers who rarely play in Alex Kornois(7.11 era) and P.J.Fisher(18.90 era).  With our offense we should expect 7 runs off of UM's 3 worst pitchers-not be happy with it.
There was nothing to be happy about that disgraceful performance on the mound either-UM treated the game as though they were playing an Ivy league team and we looked the part.  Lets hope the team isnt happy with this performance and can do better the next two games against UM.

Fledgling said

Back to the top

Oh… right… I forgot, we pitched our best pitchers. Mickey Storey NOT was out there.  That's right, Beliveau WAS leading our team in walks BEFORE this game.

I am happy that we came out, hit a grand slam in the top of the first and seemed to not let the 3-game sweep bother us all that much MENTALLY.

It would have been entirely possible that this team could've just rolled over and lost 16-0 after losing 3 games to a conference opponent, which may be the demise of their season in the end.

Their number 5 pitcher is bad? Sure. He only can throw 4 different pitches for strikes and UM's coach says he may be the best pitcher to ever come out of Miami when its all said and done (he's a sophomore). Ever.

Alex Koronis is terrible? OK.  Afterall, last year appeared twice in the series against the No. 11 Tigers and allowed one earned run in two innings and struck out one.  And he's been clocked at 97 MPH.

They are 18-1 at home, the game got away from us late.  And heaven forbid Cooney not run out our best pitchers to keep the game close with Miami, I mean its not like we are in the middle of conference play or anything. He took most of the starters out of the game by the way.

See it for the big picture, my friend.  I am not happy with the walks, runs allowed and the overall job by Fossas but take the good with the bad when you have to!

Back to the top

Fledgling you make very good points-no I wouldnt expect us to use our best guys.  Miami is a great team and I didnt really think we'd win but I expected a closer showing.  Coming off the losses last weekend and all the travel issues there certainly is a good excuse for getting pounded, but the issue I had most was saying you were "happy" with how the game turned out.  I hope we havent slipped to the point that wed ever be happy with getting blown out.  I understand why it happened but I dont have to like it.  Most of all I hope the team isnt satisfied with that result.
Back to the top

I never said I was happy with the results.  I'll be the first guy in line to tell it like it is, really. We absolutely suck lately.  No getting around that.

I am not happy watching a team pitch that is showing no signs of progression. We should play coach pitch.

I am there with you, I wanted to CREAM UM!  I hate losing.

But I guess "happy" was wrong choice of words.  It makes this loss a little easier to see some kind of life after they got trampled last weekend. All I was "happy" about.

Watch though, we'll play Miami really tough the next two meetings.  Cooney needs to start handing out a few butt chewings now.  We're way better than this.  We get good recruits, field strong teams but can't throw a Fing strike?

I'm just as angry as you are. 

Back to the top
Control functions: